Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

My rain rims just arrived today and now i need to make som spacers for them.

Can anyboda who has 999 rims on their sc measure how much they stick out from the bearing on each side.

Or if somebody has them laying arround measure them in fully.

I made spacers for the bst rims but it took some time to figure out the thickness of them.

Pics are good if you have aswell.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Hi.

Can anyboda who has 999 rims on their sc measure how much they stick out from the bearing on each side.

I made spacers for the bst rims but it took some time to figure out the thickness of them.

They also have a different size axle. I have a set of spacers for mounting 999 wheels to a sport classic that I can sell you. PM if you're interested.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Hi.

Chef,
I have a rear brake caliper bracket off a 999. I bought when I was planning on 999 wheels myself - now obsolete. If you need one, it's yours

vitalc

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I allready got one, thanks for the offer.

I have the bst wheels for my slicks, these spacers are for my 999 forged rain rims.

·
Registered
666 Posts
lechef, are you sure you are going have to use a 999 rear caliper bracket? Will the stock one not work?

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
West Coast GP cycles here in LA fitted mine (with the stock rear caliper, since the rear wouldn't require any special fitting...), so I am sure they can sell you the spacers...

my bike is in the shop now (what a surprise) so I can"t measure for you. sorry.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Yes you do need a 999 caliper mount, the stock one will not work with the 2P caliper set up also required. As mentioned by Dr D the axle sizes are also different and you need a spacer / bush kit to reduce the rear axle from 30mm down to 25mm. The front is a straight bolt up but a set of 10mm offset 999 (5 bolt) rotors is also required (if you also want to run 4P/4P calipers). All the info is contained in my wheel options summary thread - I am running 999 wheels on my bike.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the reply, i allready got that figured out.

The spacers are coming from the lathe today, so if anybode need some just tell me and ill make another pair.
He saved the measurements in the machine.

Regards Chris

·
Registered
225 Posts
Bumping the thread.

Been searching for some dimensions for the spacers kit without any luck. If anyone can help out with some kind of drawing, or anything, I'd really appreciate it :).

I don't want to embark on FastFranks business, but sending these spacers oversees would get real costly for a swede. If you don't feel like sharing measurements in thread I'd be grateful with just a PM.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts