Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to start looking for an extra (used) set of wheels for my 2011 Multi so I can keep a pair of offroad tires on them. In order to increase my chances of finding something, I'd like to know before I start looking if any other Ducati models use the same wheels as my Multi. Any help greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
95 Posts
The wheels from my 1098 fit the Multi. I believe the 1198 does as well. Front rotors are not interchangeable, though.
Tom

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I was wondering if 1098 wheels fit the Multi. I also have a 1098 and the wheels on mine look the same as those on my Multi, but I checked the part numbers and for some reason they're different. May not matter though.

·
1st Gen Hyper Hooligan
2,372 Posts
1098 1198 and 1098SF are direct swaps. Can also try to get some base model 13-14 multi wheels but not sure if you need spacers.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I can confirm that my 2012 1098 SF wheels were a direct swap onto my 2014 MTS GT.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Just for another confirmation, I have 1098S model forged wheels on mine, direct swap and lots lighter than OEM cast.

Reactions: complexCarlo

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just for another confirmation, I have 1098S model forged wheels on mine, direct swap and lots lighter than OEM cast.
I've been wanting to do this swap. Did you notice any difference in handling after you switched?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I've been wanting to do this swap. Did you notice any difference in handling after you switched?
Definitely felt lighter, I did the M50 upgrade about the same time. For the $ invested well worth it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
People who swap out wheels, do you swap the rear sprocket when you change wheels or does each rear have its own sprocket? I'm just wondering how this affects chain/sprocket wear.

·
Registered
869 Posts
People who swap out wheels, do you swap the rear sprocket when you change wheels or does each rear have its own sprocket? I'm just wondering how this affects chain/sprocket wear.
Multistrada's are single sided swingarms, the sprocket is fixed to the axle and does not come off with the rear wheel.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Anyone know if 1098 front wheel will fit a DVT? Are bolt pattern for rotors the same? I'd swap over the Multi rotors to the 1098 wheel.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I know w/2013 GT the bolt pattern on rotor is same but offset of rotor is different than 1098, so rotors not interchangeable. Not 100% sure on DVT but doubt it.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Streetfighter 1098 also fit, same fit as 1098 1198, just spacers are different.
I'm pretty sure the 848 fit too but check on that one.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I know w/2013 GT the bolt pattern on rotor is same but offset of rotor is different than 1098, so rotors not interchangeable. Not 100% sure on DVT but doubt it.
TD is right. The offset on the DVT rotors is different. That's why it's hard to get the ductile iron rotors from Braketech. It took many months to get mine. The dealer had accumulated about 10 orders before they got filled. Since you have to get new rotors (if you're keeping the stock wheels for backup/trail), you might as well get the ductile iron and Ferodo pads. Great results as others have also reported. They're not cheap and it's a shame Ducati sought to fit such substandard brake parts on such an expensive bike, even though it came with top-line calipers. I also swapped M/C since the stock one had pretty crummy feel IMHO. All good now-

1 - 20 of 25 Posts