Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 1198 S with about 2,000 miles. I noticed what appears to be corrosion on three areas of my rear wheel. Has anyone else experienced this with any of their stock wheels? I'm going to bring this up to my local dealer to see about getting the wheel replaced (or something), but thought I'd put this on this forum first.

·
9,757 Posts
That's not corrosion.

I think that whoever painted that wheel didn't prepare the surface well enough. There's prolly a trace of grease or silicone or something which prevented the paint from adhering properly.

I'd go to the dealership and get them to give me a new wheel, or at the very least have them pay to get the wheel refinished.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
You have an S so they are forged aluminium? or magnesium?.....it appears that either that particuliar part was casted and is a casting or forging flaw. I'm curious as to how they make that wheel. Is the entire piece forged and welded or is some of it poured and casted, then attached to the forged parts...no matter it appears it wasn't cleaned up enough before paint. Curious to see when you resolve this what it is when scraped!

·
9,757 Posts
You have an S so they are forged aluminium? or magnesium?.....it appears that either that particuliar part was casted and is a casting or forging flaw. I'm curious as to how they make that wheel. Is the entire piece forged and welded or is some of it poured and casted, then attached to the forged parts...no matter it appears it wasn't cleaned up enough before paint. Curious to see when you resolve this what it is when scraped!
IIRC it is an aluminum forging with a machined finish.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
comrade moderator
26,982 Posts
It's casting residue that slack quality control didn't grind out.

No worries...you're not supposed to be looking at the inside of the spokes!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts