Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any of you changed your wheel bearings or found a upgrade? Stock is night and day to Marchesini wheel bearings, I have a call into Marchesini in Cali waiting for a email or call did talk with the guy and he is looking into it for me.

Thanks upfront.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I've thought about it. Do the Marchesini bearings just allow for a much smoother, less resisted spin? I wouldn't think they'd make that much of a difference.

·
Premium Member
692 Posts
bearings

I have heard of Ceramic Bearing$
Get out the gold card
Mike S

·
Registered
89 Posts
Just replaced the both wheels bearings went with the Dealer came out pricey but I just didnt trust anyone else but I have the Brembo wheels so maybe thats the difference.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I'm almost positive that Marchesini doesn't makes there own bearings, they are in the wheel business It wouldn't be cost affective to make bearing when they can buy them cheap. I just replaced mine, I just went to a local bearing supply shop and picked up a set for $50. Get a good brand name, SKF, Timkin..... Stay away from any cheap Chinese stuff. FAG is another good brand, but I can't bring myself to buying them for my DUC, not that there is anything wrong with that.

·
Premium Member
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Marchesini don't make bearings but they do sell them I talk to them last week and they are looking into it for me,Ceramic Bearing is what they said to look at for my Brembo Wheels.

Thank you for that info on Brands!!

·
Premium Member
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've thought about it. Do the Marchesini bearings just allow for a much smoother, less resisted spin? I wouldn't think they'd make that much of a difference.
YES!
Big Difference!

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
Just replaced the both wheels bearings went with the Dealer came out pricey but I just didnt trust anyone else but I have the Brembo wheels so maybe thats the difference.
Brembo have owned Marchesini for many years and merged the companies in 2010.

My 2001 5 spokes have Brembo on one of cast/forged/whatever spokes and a Marchesini sticker on the rim.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Brembo have owned Marchesini for many years and merged the companies in 2010.

My 2001 5 spokes have Brembo on one of cast/forged/whatever spokes and a Marchesini sticker on the rim.
Thanks for the info I have the three spoke ones I ordered the bearings through Ducati Omaha didn't realize till I had already paid for and received them that I could have just got them cheaper at my local bike shop just asking for the bearing size rather than for which bike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts