Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing, I am going through this decision to run a plug or get a new tire. I'm curious what people would buy for a new set of tires. Would you replace with the same tire or choose something different ?
I have the corsa 3's which I am happy with on warm days, but chilly day's and rainy days I find myself sliding a bit which happens ,but I would like it to happen less.
So, what would your next set of tires be and why ?
F-

·
Registered
255 Posts
I reckon I'll get Pilot Powers, there's probably plenty of tires around that are just as good but I've had a few good runs with them.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Does anyone know how many miles you could expect out of a set of pilot powers on the hypermotard? I know this can be different for each rider but a general idea with mostly road duty or all road. I am trying to get an average of regular powers (not 2ct) vs pilot road 2s. Any help will be appreciated.

·
Duc ... Duc ... GOOSE!
1,928 Posts
I get about 2 rears for every 1 front. So, my next rear will be another Corsa III and then I plan to switch back to Bridgestones.

I have my heart set on a pair of 003s ... love the chewing gum. :)

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
The NEW Bridgstone 003's, so far so good, I'll know after Aug 9th (track-day)
for sure, :D Aloha Alex

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I got about 2700 (3000 would have been possible) on my rear PP 2CT and will do two rears to a front. I am going to try the new Dunlop Sportmax next time out, just to be different.

Out!

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
I get about 2 rears for every 1 front. So, my next rear will be another Corsa III and then I plan to switch back to Bridgestones.

I have my heart set on a pair of 003s ... love the chewing gum. :)
Would ya go for the Supercorsa Pro SC's?

·
Duc ... Duc ... GOOSE!
1,928 Posts
Would ya go for the Supercorsa Pro SC's?
No. I'm just not a Pirelli man; I've never thought that the Pirellis were very confidence inspiring - this includes their car tires as well.

When I first got my Hyper (base model) it had the Bridgestone BT-016s ... I was extremely happy with their performance but wanted the little bit of extra grip of the 014s. However, when it came time to do a trackday I couldn't source the Bridgestones in time so I bought a set of Corsa IIIs.

The Corsa IIIs are great tires, but I just don't feel as comfortable with them as I do the Bridgestones.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
No. I'm just not a Pirelli man; I've never thought that the Pirellis were very confidence inspiring - this includes their car tires as well.

When I first got my Hyper (base model) it had the Bridgestone BT-016s ... I was extremely happy with their performance but wanted the little bit of extra grip of the 014s. However, when it came time to do a trackday I couldn't source the Bridgestones in time so I bought a set of Corsa IIIs.

The Corsa IIIs are great tires, but I just don't feel as comfortable with them as I do the Bridgestones.
My Hyper S came with Corsa III's, which I was really pleased with as I have run them on a few bikes now and they are great for me and my commuting and weekend scratching. I even ran them at the track on my Fireblade a couple of times and they were good, to a point.

Your right, find a tyre that suits you! :D

·
Registered
327 Posts

When I first got my Hyper (base model) it had the Bridgestone BT-014s ... I was extremely happy with their performance but wanted the little bit of extra grip of the 016s. However, when it came time to do a trackday I couldn't source the Bridgestones in time so I bought a set of Corsa IIIs.

Fixed it for ya'!:D

·
Registered
327 Posts
I'm a die-hard Pirelli guy but I did pick up a set of 016s because the price was too good to pass up. I love the Diablo Corsa III on the Hyper and my track bike. I would like to try the new Diablo Supercorsa SP.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I think i'm going to upgrade to a set of Pilot Power 2CT's. I usually take shorter rides and the stockers take too long to warm up for my liking. My brother had a GSXR-750 and I remember the incredible differnce when he changed his tires to the to Pilot Powers, the bike felt like a whole new bike.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The bike came with the BT014's, I never felt confident with those tires, right now i'm running on Pilot Roads 2CTs and i am very happy, over 3000 miles on them and i dont think they are even half way, they are sticky enough for the twisties and hard enough for commuting. I want to see how they behave on the winter.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Seeing, I am going through this decision to run a plug or get a new tire. I'm curious what people would buy for a new set of tires. Would you replace with the same tire or choose something different ?
I have the corsa 3's which I am happy with on warm days, but chilly day's and rainy days I find myself sliding a bit which happens ,but I would like it to happen less.
So, what would your next set of tires be and why ?
F-
Im running a pilot road 2c on the rear and a standard pilot power on the front from when the bike was new. Had the dealer change them.
I have 4000km on the bike now and the tires are not even half worn.
The pilot road 2c holds up very well on our rough chip roads and are very good in the wet.
These would be the best tires I have ever had.Tried plenty of others when I had my s4, 748sps, 848!

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Im running a pilot road 2c on the rear and a standard pilot power on the front from when the bike was new. Had the dealer change them.
I have 4000km on the bike now and the tires are not even half worn.
The pilot road 2c holds up very well on our rough chip roads and are very good in the wet.
These would be the best tires I have ever had.Tried plenty of others when I had my s4, 748sps, 848!
I did a similar combo (supersport front with sport touring rear).

I think we need to know what your intentions are for the bike to base our tire opinions off of. I have been using the stock BT014 front with a BT021 rear. I've gotten very good mileage out of the rear and never had any handling problems whatsoever. I even tried that combo riding in the advanced group at summit point last year for the morning session. Towards lunch, the tire started showing signs of being overheated, but that could've been controlled a while longer with some more air and some suspension tweaking.

I love DCIII's on my track bike, but I think I am getting to the point where I am out-riding them. I will probably think of switching to BT003's next year because a good friend of mine is sponsored by them and can get me some nice deals.

I have a few friends that swear by the Diablo strada. This is Pirelli's ST tire that would work nicely with your DCIII front and get you close to 4k miles.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Any experience with Pirelli Supercorsas Race Tires (not IIIs)?
I couldn't imagine using those on the street. I can burn through a ST tire in 4k miles. I'd go through the center of that thing in a thousand miles with all the torque of the hyper. I used them on the track and loved them. I prefer those over the michelin power races. I havn't used the new michelins yet.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts