Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm just curious what kind of answers I'll get, so go ahead and tell me what your favorite thing(s) is about owning a ducati superbike!

·
Registered
123 Posts
the nation of manufacture, the looks, the sounds

It's ITALIAN red, and you can't ignore it.
It's got a very fluid, harmonious shape.
Not as angular as many of the latter-day
"Transformer"-style bikes, from all nations.
Then there are the sounds. Of both a
PERFORMANCE V-twin (as opposed to a
Milwaukee beer-burner), and the dry
clutch. Have had my 749 for 3 years,
and I still get that well-meaning comment,
"Boy, sounds like that thing's gonna' fall
apart at any minute!"
Still very happy with my European 3/4-litrebike!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I just fell in love with the looks,those Italians sure know what they do,and a certain South African(mr Terblanche) also,it was a dream come true for me when i got my monster and my 999:)

·
Registered
277 Posts
Looks did it for me ...

There is no uber performance, reliability sucks, manufacturing sucks, some technical design aspects are questionable but then when you look at it and when it runs well damn is it a FUN bike.

Migrane

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
It's everything I feel coursing through my body when I ride my Bayliss 998 and the zen state I feel when I just look at it. And, yes, those things do happen for me.

·
Registered
369 Posts
The power, handling, brakes, looks, clutch rattle, exhaust song in Termi's, how it feels when you press start.

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
The power, handling, brakes, looks, clutch rattle, exhaust song in Termi's, how it feels when you press start.
He said thing, not things. Geez, taker of all things good... ;)

·
Registered
429 Posts
He said thing, not things. Geez, taker of all things good... ;)
That's funny :D. I like the handle, the nimbleness of it and to work on it I love to take it a part and just admire the engineering factors.

They are Obra De Artes ( Work of art).

·
Registered
21 Posts
The way it feels

I get on my bike as a daily escape away from the troubles of the world and let go. I don't have to think about any thing but the changing of the gears and becoming one with the bike. It's just beautiful.

·
Premium Member
2004 998S FE, 2000 748B, 1986 750 F1
2,408 Posts
I love all our bikes, because they are all Ducati's. They are all different colours and models, but they are all beautiful, all sound magnificent and most of them go beautifully, apart from the one that is a bit broken (and some cable ties, a hot glue gun and a soldering iron won't fix what ails it!)

The one that is a bit broken actually attracted me to my husband all those years ago. Scene at a track day, some people were using the track day for practice for an upcoming race meeting. I heard this bike out on the track it sounded wonderful. I asked my best friend "whose bike is that" she told me but I didn't know him. I wasn't to meet him for several more years because that day my friend fell off, got run over and all attention went to her:(. I forgot about that magnificent sounding Ducati and its rider - temporarily.

So, apart from their aesthetics and sound, they also inspire passion.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Mostly, i like it best when i drive the wrong direction down the freeway and pretend i'm Trinity and in that scene from the matrix...ya, thats probably it.

·
Banned
11,256 Posts

·
9,757 Posts
I like my bikes' quality, but more importantly I love the ducati feeling, it just suits my personal riding style. I don't really care if its exclusive or Italian or anything (in fact I don't like the extra attention). I've ridden everything else and the ducs just feel right. If jap bikes felt like ducs I'd ride japanese.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 20 of 74 Posts