Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
750 F1 Montjuich. Was inches away from getting one back in '86, but opted to pass. Big error...I know. Out of 200 produced...only 20 were exported to the US!

montjuich.jpg

·
Registered
78 Posts
I saw an 1199 Superleggera and truly fell in love, for me that is dream land.

Back in achievable dreamland, a 916, a 999 and a well setup 2V like the StuperStrada, basically a 900ss with an 1100evo engine under the fairings.

I like my S2R1000 too much to deviate far from the stock look.

·
Registered
42 Posts
When I was a kid I was at the park with my mates and a guy was riding a Ducati up and down the street, fell in love with the sound then and there. Fast forward a few years and the 916 gets released and damn, what a looker, fell in love. Everything Japanese those days was crazy graphics and fussy design (still wanted them too haha).

To be honest, not sure what my dream Duke would be, maybe a 916... and I would only dream of riding it because if I tried in real life I'd do my neck in.

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
Interesting to see what everyone's dream bikes are. Some of these are really amazing bikes for sure and very worthy of being on the list.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Memory serves, around mid-$5k out the door. When thinking about this....I kick myself in the ass. Shoulda, woulda, coulda.....
The problem with wisdom coming with age is it reminds you of the things you missed. What the hell, that 750 has only increased in value about $1,700 per year since then.

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
If money were no object a Desmosedici....closest thing I’ll ever get to a GP bike...(and since I am over 50 I can no longer become a MotoGP racer)...cause that’s the only thing stoping me 🙄.

But reality, I want to build a 916-998 with a gnarly 1198 motor. This will happen hopefully I find someone’s incomplete project and I get started after this race season.

·
Registered
16 Posts
1973 750 Sport. Only know it from photos, but to me it is the quintessential motorbike, and a Ducati. And that yellow is drop dead gorgeous:

In other news, I am thinking about a Hypermotard 821 -> 1198 conversion.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The one that got me hooked was the 900ss on the cover of the July ‘91 issue of Cycle World. Dream Ducati would be the 851 SP2...or 1299 Superleggera...or D16rr...or Supermono....I guess you get my point :)

·
Registered
162 Posts
The problem with wisdom coming with age is it reminds you of the things you missed. What the hell, that 750 has only increased in value about $1,700 per year since then.
this is likely the actual bike I was dealing with Sal/Ghost MC on their sales floor when new.

Quote from raresportbikesforsale.com:
"From the seller:
86′ MONTJUICH – 2,274 Kilometers – ZDM3EA3ROGB0001xx
Cycle World Magazine, August 1986 said (10) of the (200) Montjuich’s would come to the USA. The Montjuich is the rarest and most collectible Ducati made since the Green frame 1974 750 Super Sport.

Originally sold from Ghost Motorcycles this motorcycle has always been in the Northeast. Two years ago this motorcycle was bought from a collection in Long Island who’s owner had passed away. Last registered in 1998 this motorcycle has been off the road to my knowledge since and during my ownership has not been started. There is oxidation on some of the metal of this bike and a full detailing and some metal refinishing will be needed to bring this motorcycle to show detail (see photos). Expect to replace the tires and provide full servicing. The paint on the fairings, tank and seat are excellent for a 25 year old motorcycle."

·
Registered
492 Posts
No question that I would have bought a Supermono if Ducati had made one for the street. I still can't believe that they never did. After seeing them race at Daytona and watching two guys pick one up and put it on a work table, it became my favorite Ducati.
Latest Addition - Supermono #7!! | Ducati Forum

·
Registered
37 Posts
this is likely the actual bike I was dealing with Sal/Ghost MC on their sales floor when new.

Quote from raresportbikesforsale.com:
"From the seller:
86′ MONTJUICH – 2,274 Kilometers – ZDM3EA3ROGB0001xx
Cycle World Magazine, August 1986 said (10) of the (200) Montjuich’s would come to the USA. The Montjuich is the rarest and most collectible Ducati made since the Green frame 1974 750 Super Sport.

Originally sold from Ghost Motorcycles this motorcycle has always been in the Northeast. Two years ago this motorcycle was bought from a collection in Long Island who’s owner had passed away. Last registered in 1998 this motorcycle has been off the road to my knowledge since and during my ownership has not been started. There is oxidation on some of the metal of this bike and a full detailing and some metal refinishing will be needed to bring this motorcycle to show detail (see photos). Expect to replace the tires and provide full servicing. The paint on the fairings, tank and seat are excellent for a 25 year old motorcycle."
What a shame that it was owned by 2 people in a row that really didn't seem to love it. Personally I have never met a "collector" who was as interested in their bikes as they were in themselves.

·
Registered
06 999R RAD02, 06 999R, 06 999.
402 Posts
Interesting to see what everyone's dream bikes are. Some of these are really amazing bikes for sure and very worthy of being on the list.
If anyone knows it's probably you. Do you know if the D16 use the same headlights as any other models or are they unique?

21 - 40 of 57 Posts