Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does everyone remember the moment they first realized they wanted a motorcycle? or more specifically… a Ducati? What’s everyone’s dream bike?

Video: https://youtu.be/SIkf5elRZdw

If you're liking these videos consider subscribing! I put out a lot of Ducati related content weekly. Cheers.

·
Registered
51 Posts
900 MHR

·
Registered
251 Posts
the 916 was the first Ducati I became aware of and inspired to own one day.

the desmosidici is the one bike i want to have.

·
Bon Vivant
11,368 Posts
"Dream" implies that it's out of reach. Although there are many Ducatis that are out of reach for me I cant think of one that I dream of owning. There are, however, several new models that would be fun to own and ride - for me they are the Monster 1200R, the Supesport, the StreetfighterV4, and the MultiV4...

As for Vintage bikes the bikes I'd love to add to the collection are an Elite 200, and a '75 750SS

·
Premium Member
5,274 Posts
Easy, Supermono.
I think the bike was cool on many levels and being fortunate to work on one for a number of years I think it fits my number one based on just how cool it was inside. That said I do not think I would ride it much as they were expensive to run back in the late 90's finding parts would be a challenge.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Easy to answer --This bike & only this exact bike--Mike Hailwoods 1978 Ducati

·
Registered
138 Posts
1974 750 SS. When I first saw it I told people that some day I would have a Ducati. 30 years later I got my first one and it was a Monster.

·
Registered
2021 950 Supersport S, 2020 Triumph Thruxton TFC, 2007 HD Street Glide
47 Posts
I agree with others ..the Original .. the first Ducati I fell in love with , I made a scale model Hailwood about 40 years ago .
I'm loving my new 950 S ...a lifetime dream come true. Now if only she came with it .....
classic beauty.jpg

·
Registered
5,271 Posts
Here's the one that made me 'aware' of Ducati at the ripe age of 11ish.

To me, it was the coolest two wheel contrivance ever. I'd still love to have one but, that just isn't going to happen.

I'll make due with another Ducati.

Attachments

Reactions: egomexico and scott

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
No there is basically 1 --built for Mike to race by Sport Motorcycles for the 78 season, I was at the Isle Of Man in 1978 and watched him win the senior TT on this bike. I was fortunate enough to see & talk to Mike & his wife at the TT that year. I had him sign a card for me, & years later Pauline sent me a set of Mike's race boot's which I still have ----Mike also raced in LookWell Leathers, --& I happen to be the U.S. Importer & distributor for LookWell. ----The question here was what is your dream Ducati---& thats it. Mike was and is still the greatest Motorcycle RoadRacer to ever live----the only person that could even come close would be Joey Dunlop. They are the legend's & what everyone else can only wish to be----me included. I am still hoping that one day I'll be able to go to The Isle Of Man and race the Vintage race's on my 1972 BMW R75/5---

Reactions: vanduc996

·
Registered
39 Posts
When I was 19, I’d ride my EX-500 over to the Ducati dealership on the nights I couldn’t sleep and drool over the illuminated 996/748 models through the window. A couple weeks ago, I finally picked up a clean, relatively stock 748E from its original owner. Still as beautiful now as it was back then.

·
Registered
2009 M1100S, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille-R, 2x 1981Guzzi Monzas, IWL Pity, Piaggio Hexagon, PX Vespa
579 Posts
Well the first Ducati i "fell for" was the Original 900 Monster and whilst there are any number of Dukes i would love to have in my stable, Walt Siegels PUMA bike with an 1100DS motor would make my man parts FIZZ!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 63 Posts