Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Stoner sick again? I've herd speculation of both Mono & panic attacks. What are everyones thoughts?

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
I hope it's serious, I mean missing that press conference after Rossi's 100th win was pretty rude otherwise..

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
Ducati is saying he's physically sick due to an unexplained ailment.

I mean, take what they say with a grain of salt because the truth won't come out. For all we know, the kid has something seriously wrong with him, we don't really know at this point.

I think he has poor mental health. The only other thing I can think of is his hand. Perhaps he's in some pain due to his wrist again and is pushing off the issue, due to the bad press it would get... just a guess.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
263 Posts
Stoner practically "gave" the win to Rossi after a few laps. Maybe because he knows that everyone was expecting Rossi's celebration for his 100th win. He seemed to be content being third, giving the Yamaha guys a good lead (Stoner was 17 seconds behind Rossi after about 20 laps), while being far forward compared to everyone else.

Hey, he still gets 16 points (behind Rossi by only 9 points), and he can always catch up soon...

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Stoner practically "gave" the win to Rossi after a few laps. Maybe because he knows that everyone was expecting Rossi's celebration for his 100th win. He seemed to be content being third, giving the Yamaha guys a good lead (Stoner was 17 seconds behind Rossi after about 20 laps), while being far forward compared to everyone else.

Hey, he still gets 16 points (behind Rossi by only 9 points), and he can always catch up soon...
Its still a long championship.. Im sure that at some point Stoner realized that he didnt have the pace to keep up with Loenzo and Rossi today. At that point it was a wise decision to back off and ride as comfortable of a race as possible, Look at Haga he very well might have blow a championship today over a race that he didnt need to win.
There is obviously something not right with Stoner... I personally think its a physical issue of some sort, maybe something more private than Stoner would like to let out. Hope it gets sorted quickly.

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
Tye said:
I think he has poor mental health sure, but I've gone out there and had to ride hard with poor mental health and ya know what, you forget about reality when your on the bike.
Just when you think you've seen it all, Tye compares himself to Casey Stoner. That's got to be a new Ducati.ms benchmark. :abduct:

Anyway.......

Fron Superbike Planet:

STONER SUFFERS FOR PODIUM IN ASSEN, HAYDEN TAKES BEST RESULT OF SEASON

The Ducati Marlboro Team had a mixed weekend at Assen, with some positive results balanced out by a few difficulties. The steps forward in the bike's performance were a definite positive, and that allowed Casey Stoner to take yet another podium finish despite suffering physically once more during the race. Nicky Hayden also had a great day after a brilliant start, and after battling hard for sixth throughout the race, only finished in eighth due to a technical glitch.
Casey Stoner suffered throughout the weekend at Assen, with the physical condition which had already affected him in Catalunya worsening as the days went on. As difficult as a GP weekend is already, his physical condition just added to the obstacles to overcome as he was forced to race unwell. Despite that, he still managed to take home a podium finish, which was clearly a very positive result.

CASEY STONER (Ducati Marlboro Team) 3th
"I've been feeling fine all week but started to feel run down again on Friday and I've just got worse as the weekend has gone on. I've taken every kind of supplement and vitamin tablet you can think of but nothing seems to have worked, so it is obviously something we need to have looked at closer because I can't keep going like this and it is costing us points. Thankfully I had a fantastic bike underneath me again today and I owe the team for that. A big thank also to Dott. Macchiagodena and our physiotherapist Freddie (Dente), who took good care of me both in Catalunya and here. Unfortunately we don't have much time to get fit for Laguna but we'll see what we can do."

NICKY HAYDEN - (Ducati Marlboro Team) 8th
"When you start from 13th you are always going to have a lot of work to do but that was the best bike I've had underneath me all season so I want to say a huge 'thank you' to the team for that, they have worked so hard. I got a great start and was able to lead the second group for a while until a couple of guys came past and I lost my rhythm a bit. I made a little mistake under braking on the back straight, ran wide and lost a lot of time but I fought back and got in with the group again. I was having great fun but unfortunately the left handlebar came kind of loose about halfway through the race and cost me a lot of time - that's when a lot of the guys got past me. I know I'm coming out with a lot of excuses this year but a loose handlebar at that speed is pretty scary! The guys are looking at how it happened. Anyway, man it was a hard battle. I know we were only fighting for fifth or sixth but it felt like there was a title on the line out there! Big respect to everybody in the group though. Elias made a big mistake but everybody left it all out on the track today and we all shook hands afterwards. It was good to be a part of the battle."

LIVIO SUPPO - Ducati MotoGP Project Director
I'm sorry for Casey, it was clearly a difficult weekend for him because of his physical condition. Obviously everything we've done for him up to now hasn't worked so we need to help him as much as possible. Besides that I'm really pleased with Nicky Hayden's performance who was a little unfortunate but has shown some really good progress, just like Mika Kallio who although he crashed had a great race nonetheless. Of course we need to give credit to Filippo (Preziosi) , Vitto (Guareschi) and all the guys at the factory for their hard work. Now we need to continue improving the bike and help Casey to overcome his physical problems, because that's his biggest issue at the moment."

-------------------------

Now, of course, all you guys can speculate all you want. If you want to believe he's faking it, or he's having "panic attacks", or he has a "mental health" problem (WTF???), go ahead. Nobody here knows anything about anything, so who can convince you otherwise.

Fact is, people do get sick. Whatever it is that he's got, I hope he gets better, because I hate to see a championship ruined by situations outside the track...

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
Yes, I too have internet and know where to find what the press are being fed. Trust me on this, there is more to the story then we're being told. Stoner is either VERY sick, as in needs to be hospitalized OR he's suffering from a mental health issue, hence the reason why they can't pinpoint it and get him fixed. He even said, the issues came back on FRIDAY right before he started out on the track for his first practice. Umm... how convent! A sickness that comes and goes based on riding!

Anyway, I feel bad for the lad. The bike seems to be working this season and the last 2 races could have easily been his. At the same time, he has been 3rd the last two times out and there are 10 races left... so if he does well from now on, things might turn around. I just don't see it happening due to Lorenzo's amazing presence on track this year.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
457 Posts
A sickness that comes and goes based on riding!
It could just be plain old exhaustion due to overtraining between races. Perhaps he needs to rest a little more. He's already really thin and probably just runs out of gas with races this close together. At any rate, I'm curious to hear the diagnosis. My guess is that it won't be the truth, or at least not the whole truth, but at least maybe it will tell us something.

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
I don't want to get personal with anyone, but the assumptions made above are merely opinions, & the trouble with opinions is everybody has one.
To have an opinion needs no qualification or validity, so they are very unreliable & not worth commenting on.

Clearly, Tye has experience with mental health issues and recognizes the signs of mental health issues as he has experienced them himself.
I hope he is getting the correct help with his condition.

As for Casey, maybe he has a slight dose of flu or a 24 hour virus, maybe his missus is giving him the shits. Food poisioning?
Maybe Ducati have said we can't keep you on next year, so he has said well maybe I can't get any first places until you change your mind.
Maybe Rossi & Lorenzo are just so shit hot that no one can match them at the moment. Edwards didn't close on Stoner, so it seems Casey did the best he could do with his bike and how he felt, mentally and physically, thats why he finished third and stayed upright and got points. Casey congratulated with a great show of sportsmanship when he wholeheartily shook hands with Vale after the race.
There can be no doubt Casey was not well during the race and after the race, that was very obvious from the way he looked, he couldn't fake that & why would he? He looked more than exhausted, and that doesn't indicate a mental health issue in my opinion.

How can anyone question or comment on Casey's health without having any facts?

People do get sick without explanation all the time, & this maybe another one of those times.
When you travel in foreign countries, sometimes certain foods don't agree with you, and that could cause an upset.

I know, he was hungover, that would explain the mental and health issues wouldn't it!

Put him on some vitamin B & all shall be good.

Please, lets hope Casey gets well soon & it is a temporary ailment.

Sorry Tye, but you are a dickhead, there is no doubt in anybodies mind, & everytime you post you confirm this fact, so I hope you don't confirm it again!

Kind regards,

Craig

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
why is Tye a "dickhead"? I dont know if he is right about Stoners mental heath or not, but its a valid point that Stoners sickness seems to come and go with races. So it does seem like a possibility to me. This whole season has been a mystery with Stoner, Before the 1st race there where rumors about Stoners wrist, and that he might miss the 1st races or possibly several races. Is that tied in with this??? We dont know we are all speculating....

·
Registered
698 Posts
How can anyone question or comment on Casey's health without having any facts?
You don't appear to have a problem with doing it?

Well here are two facts. Stoner's mystery illness doesn't effect his qualifying times or his ability to whinge about other riders.

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
I don't want to get personal with anyone, but the assumptions made above are merely opinions, & the trouble with opinions is everybody has one.
If you want facts, wikipedia is probably your best option. Furthermore, we're all "guessing" at a diagnosis because obviously the doctors haven't been able to figure it out and last time I checked, most doctors work on your physical issues and don't take into account the mental ones.

Clearly, Tye has experience with mental health issues and recognizes the signs of mental health issues as he has experienced them himself.
I hope he is getting the correct help with his condition.
I have lots of experience, not only have I taken classes in it before, but have had to deal with it in my family before on numerous occasions. Its amazing how much the brain controls things like physical sickness symptoms.

As for Casey, maybe he has a slight dose of flu or a 24 hour virus, maybe his missus is giving him the shits. Food poisioning?
Wait a sec, now your giving an opinion, but earlier you didn't accept mine and a few others? How contradicting of you...

I've been researching his problem and it seems to have been going on for quite sometime. Ducati have been keeping it under wraps and not until recently, has it effected him during race day.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a Casey Stoner fan, I'm not badgering the poor kid. But at the same time, his mental health has ALWAYS been an issue. He gets very frustrated easily and he gets the cold shoulder a lot. He hates the press and getting interviewed and even the mere thought of being interviewed, makes him more sick (hence the reason why he couldn't do the final press interview post race). There is LOTS of evidence to point in the direction I'm thinking, you just need to keep your eyes open and see it from that perspective.

We won't know the truth from Ducati. All riders need to be mentally STRONG riders and if Stoner shows more signs of weakness, Lorenzo and Rossi are going to step all over him for the rest of the season and that would be bad. What needs to happen is, Ducati need to lie, find out his "issue" was food related or whatever and have Stoner see a psychologist.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I'll check him out later in the week and get back to you.;)

·
Premium Member
8,729 Posts
There is such a thing as a mystery diagnosis, as in the TV med show. Casey could have an ailment that is so obscure and difficult to diagnose, its not beyond reality, happens alot.

As for the bike issue, Yamaha has the bike in both WSBK and MotoGP. Just like when Ducati had the bike at one point. Yamaha needs to give a little of that up to AMA and they will take that series as well.

·
Chilehead
6,982 Posts
When you travel in foreign countries, sometimes certain foods don't agree with you, and that could cause an upset.
Having been living in (or working in) 'foreign' countries for the past 23 years, I have yet to find food that doesn't agree with me.

Tom

·
Registered
110 Posts
Man, you folks are a tough bunch 'round here.

I don't buy the conspiracy theory for a couple of reasons. It doesn't make sense that for all intents and purposes a rider who is very much still in the championship hunt take a dive, and looking at his last lap yesterday one could tell that he could barley hang on to his bike. My thoughts were that Casey is a tough little SOB, and that he might have saved his championship by gutting out 2 podiums when he feels like crap.

Call me naive, but he did ride injured most of last year, yet still finished runner-up to Mr. MotoGP and on a bike that is considered by most to be a career ender.

As far as Hayden, had not Pedrosa, Dovi, and Kallio DNFd, he'd still be in the usual P12. So, while I'm very happy to see him finish in the top 10, maybe not a lot to write home about.

1 - 20 of 159 Posts