Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife is scared to ride my streetfighter and I never use the seat. So I went out and bought some Kreiga bags and a rack mount.

I want to hard mount the rack on the Passenger seat. Is the cover padded? or is the seat foam cemented to the seat base?

Has anyone took there passenger seat apart? How hard is it to remove the glue(if there is any, as I want to paint it)?:confused:

·
Registered
615 Posts
My wife is scared to ride my streetfighter and I never use the seat. So I went out and bought some Kreiga bags and a rack mount.

I want to hard mount the rack on the Passenger seat. Is the cover padded? or is the seat foam cemented to the seat base?

Has anyone took there passenger seat apart? How hard is it to remove the glue(if there is any, as I want to paint it)?:confused:
lucky for you.. I took my passenger apart of actually Corbin took it apart and built put new foam and built a wider dished seat for me. The foam comes off easily and is glued to the seat cover - so all that is left is a almost flat seat pan that your should be able to attach your mounting plate or rack easily. I do not have pics of the base pan but can post the pic of the foam and seat cover removed to give you an idea of what the pan would look like.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Hey,

Search the forum, I remember somebody doing pretty much the same thing with pictures. It came out pretty nicely.

·
Temporary greeter
23,076 Posts
Axe and you shall receive. :)

Padding comes off with the vinyl and you have a flat surface to work with.

Sent from my other friend's girlfriend's house

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts