Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Would be interested to hear from those who've done some reasonably serious mods (or even unreasonably serious mods) to their motor. Who holds the unofficial record on this forum for rwhp? What was done to the motor at what cost?

Along these lines, anybody got any good superbike baiting stories to share?

Cheers,

·
Banned
8,181 Posts
Hey guys,

Would be interested to hear from those who've done some reasonably serious mods (or even unreasonably serious mods) to their motor. Who holds the unofficial record on this forum for rwhp? What was done to the motor at what cost?

Along these lines, anybody got any good superbike baiting stories to share?

Cheers,
Oooooo.... I love being able to compete here because there is a chance I might win (and I am a total show-off). So I bought the Ducshop hyper, and my mods are listed in my sig, and I'll attach the before and after dyno: 100hp at the wheel :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oooooo.... I love being able to compete here because there is a chance I might win (and I am a total show-off). So I bought the Ducshop hyper, and my mods are listed in my sig, and I'll attach the before and after dyno: 100hp at the wheel :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

That's impressive. I was thinking when I made the post originally your bike would be up there...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no, i had just remembered seeing your signature before and checking out Ducshop's website. hey, man...no haterade being drunk here....that's an awesome bike.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I think that bike is/was on this forum, they just parted it out.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I waiting for Alex to give his Aloha here...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Uggh :D

mods : dp cams , pwc3 , project7 airfilter en spark exhaust and a little bit of work on de valve's

105.97hp and 111.05nm

·
Registered
680 Posts
110 give or take is all the DS is capable of, 100 to 105 sae Dynojet HP in streetable compression pump gas trim. 130 is exagerated on an optomistic dyno. Would be nice though.
On our Dyno:
SAE 102.45 HP
DIN 103.75 HP
STD 104.14 HP

·
Registered
225 Posts
110 give or take is all the DS is capable of, 100 to 105 sae Dynojet HP in streetable compression pump gas trim. 130 is exagerated on an optomistic dyno. Would be nice though.
On our Dyno:
SAE 102.45 HP
DIN 103.75 HP
STD 104.14 HP
I agree. My bike was just over 100hp at rear wheel with hc street fuel pistons, dp cams, mild head flow, two hole airbox mod with filter, termi 2n1 with ecu, and 0 miles on bike. Great combo very fun to ride and quite streetable. Would do it over again if money was not an issue.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Mine..

I waiting for Alex to give his Aloha here...
My "MOTOR OF DEATH" makes 102.03 HP & 76.21 TQ

Ducshops 1123cc HC (street compression 11 to 1) big bore kit
Ported heads with oversized intake valves
Enlarged intake manifolds
DP cams & cams ECU
Stock air box with top & bottom opened up, with BMC airfilter
Bursi Evolution big tube headers with LV s slip-ons
Ceramic coated piston tops & combustion chambers
Stock gearing

Mark (ducshop) is right, 110hp would be about max on this engine on pump gas.

My bike still has the stock airbox & DP cams ECU, I can probably get another 5 to 6 HP by getting the Ducshop or TPO intakes and getting a Power Commander and dyno run for a good dual fuel map.

Guiedos Bayless is exaggerated at 130HP. I ran my Victory on one of those mobil drag race dynos at a bike rally, and my actual RWH 115HP Victory made 145HP on their dyno:cool:

My dyno sheet overlaid on my stone stock bike, (same dyno) sorry its sideways Aloha Alex

Attachments

·
Registered
183 Posts
I think 110 HP is doable. My Hyper has 106,5 (rw)hp and 115 Nm of torque.

Mods are:
- Ported heads with oversized intake valves
- DP Cams + DP ECU
- Termignoni 2 in 1 exhaust
- PiperCross Airfilter (standard airbox)

Dyno:

1st run is 88,1 (rw)HP and 111 Nm. (Termingnoni 2 in 1 exhaust and CPU, standard airfilter and standard airbox)

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Abarth, wow! great numbers, and your 115 Nm is equal to our 84.8 ft lbs, good job! Aloha Alex

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Guiedos Bayless is exaggerated at 130HP. I ran my Victory on one of those mobil drag race dynos at a bike rally, and my actual RWH 115HP Victory made 145HP on their dyno:cool:
Hi Alex,

As we all know, every dyno will give you different numbers, a couple of stock bike should have a run first to make a reference point on that dyno that day.

Back to Guido's dyno run, I think they ran a few stock 1098 first and the dyno was optimistic but not by that much. Those who were there should elaborate. Anyway, the real trick is that Guido was running race fuel and more, listen about the smell after the run :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAvA2VxJdQc&feature=player_embedded

Anyway, Guido spent $9,400.00 on the engine work by Moto Corse Performance, even on regular gas, his hyper should be on the top 5 for sure, if not the top one:

Engine work included : HQ Pistons, Ported Heads, Ergal Rollers, DP Cams, Balanced Crankshaft, Nemisis ECU, Dynojet Quickshifter, Big Air Intake System w. K&N Filters, EVR Slipper Clutch, EVR Clutch Slave, HPE Custom Titanium Full Exhaust w. Termi Carbon Dual Cans, STM Oil Breather, Magnesium Valve covers.

Christian.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Hi Alex,

As we all know, every dyno will give you different numbers, a couple of stock bike should have a run first to make a reference point on that dyno that day.

Back to Guido's dyno run, I think they ran a few stock 1098 first and the dyno was optimistic but not by that much. Those who were there should elaborate. Anyway, the real trick is that Guido was running race fuel and more, listen about the smell after the run :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAvA2VxJdQc&feature=player_embedded

Anyway, Guido spent a lot on the engine work, even on regular gas, he should be on the top hypers.

Christian.
Yes I'm aware of what Guiedo did to his Hyper, and the bike CAN produce high HP numbers, but not 130, :rolleyes: Those drag race dynos can be set to say anything, they factor bike weight, wind drag etc.etc. but they also play for the crowd, and the numbers can adjusted accordingly.

Keep in mind the NCR Race DS1100 engine with the big bore & stroker crank, wild cams, 50mm injectors 1196cc full on race engine "only" made 120HP :p Aloha Alex

·
Banned
8,181 Posts
wow... look at the difference headwork makes on Abarth's bike... keeps max power all the way to 10500rpm! I think mine would explode if i revved it like that... I try not to ever even reach 8k.

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Alex,

We all agree that 130hp was way optimistic!
Anyway, going over 100hp at the rear wheel will cost you a lot to build, and to maintain like a race bike, rather than a reliable fun street bike:p
as you have experienced:eek:

We all love the hyper for the low RPM big torque character which defines its fun factor, but you guys are looking for track day performance which needs way over 100hp.
So you (and Todd) are poised to eventually switch to liquid cool 4 valves engines like the street fighter or tuono if you want to stay in the cafe racer / street fighter style, although the riding position is very different (as you both complained while sitting on them at the bike show). So if track day at Laguna Seca is your priority, then you'll eventually have learn and enjoy superbikes, otherwise plan B is supermoto track days at Grange (you should have fun as an ex motocross racer).

Cheers, Christian.

Yes I'm aware of what Guiedo did to his Hyper, and the bike CAN produce high HP numbers, but not 130, :rolleyes: Those drag race dynos can be set to say anything, they factor bike weight, wind drag etc.etc. but they also play for the crowd, and the numbers can adjusted accordingly.

Keep in mind the NCR Race DS1100 engine with the big bore & stroker crank, wild cams, 50mm injectors 1196cc full on race engine "only" made 120HP :p Aloha Alex

1 - 20 of 43 Posts