Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

What's this bike worth?? Honestly.

8K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  Pixel_Pimp 
#1 ·
How much is this bike honestly worth? Or what is a reasonable price for it.

1998 Ducati 748L Neiman marcus edition only 100 made in the US and only sold through the neiman marcus catalog my bike is stamped #092 out of 100 bikes in the US.

Clean CA title

Just hit 15k miles runs perfect.

Carbon fiber intakes

Carbon fiber heal gaurds

Carbon fiber key gaurd

Carbon fiber chain gaurd

Carbon fiber front fender

Carbon fiber clutch case

Billet racing clutch/plate

Micron race exhaust

brembo brake's

Steel braided brakelines

Showa front suspension

ohlin rear suspension

Marchesini racing 5 spoke rims

Power commander III

Rear spool stand

Extra rear fairing/cal with passenger seat

Almost new pirelli tires

Stock intakes

Stock clutch plate

The only problem with the bike is that is was dropped on its kickstand ( thats what i was told ) and it was repainted black by the previous owner.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Being that the NM edition was mostly paint....you have a bike that is worth what a standard 748 is worth. I would go along with the $5500 price...but only if the paint looks as good as factory paint. I still wouldn't pay that much for it though. I picked up my 02 748 with 6k miles for $3400 last month. It had new tires and an exhaust...otherwise stock. One crack in the right upper, but nothing major or expensive to fix.

#4 ·
There was a NM bike on ebay not to long ago,it was said to be Mike Tyson's bike(not that I can see him rididng it ?) but they had no real proof it was Tyson's bike, I think it went for about 7K with all origional paint and such. I did email the guy who was selling it and asked him to check the mirrors for teeth marks, that would be surfice to me that Tyson did indeed own it at one time or another........he told me to piss off politely.

#5 ·
If bikes only sustain minor damage from falling over at a standstill how come they have to be completely repainted? ;)

Kawtipping, that deal was a fluke and you suck for getting it that cheap...:D

#7 ·
I know...I got lucky...but it was on Ebay and no one bid on it. His reserve was $3200. I found all this out by getting in contact with him. I felt bad about the $3200 price, so I gave him all the cash I had in my pocket. He didn't really need the money. Just wanted to pay off his loan because he never rode the bike anymore.

I had a choice between a 2000 or a 2001 748 that I was going to pick up that weekend (before I found the one I bought), and both were $5k. One had 6k miles, the other had 9k miles. Both were mint as well as having the major services done within the last 200 miles.

#8 ·
$5500 should buy a mint, original perfect pristine 748. With all service records from God himself.

You can get a perfect low miles 2003/2004 999 for around $7k-$8k these days, and I personally know two guys that have done better than that.

To the OP, I would look elsewhere. New paint can cover a multitude of disasters.

#11 ·
Correct, in this market if anyone gets close to you with $4.5k take it and run!!!

#13 ·
A 748L that's been completed repainted, spells a dropped bike or a crash worthy of all new paint and body (hum?)... Maybe worth $3500-4k. If you get $3500 you are lucky guy. With 749s and some 999 models selling for low $5k now (I know crazy!)....you gotta wonder why soembody would buy a 748.

Plus she is not much of a "L" if she is black, eh!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.