Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Lh slider needs to be in place before wheel is put in place. Use electrical tape to keep Lh slider in place. One piece each side of axle hole. Slide axle into wheel. Wheel will keep lh slide in so you can remove tape and position lh slider to slide axle in

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Yes you must have the slider in place a pass the axle through it then the swing arm it is a pain
that's why they made these makes it a simple job.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been at this for a week off and on and find it impossible to mount the rear tire. I used duct tape to hold LH spacer in place while lining up the rest with the axle. No matter what I do it seems there isn't enough clearance, about 1/4". See photos. I can't imagine people struggle so much putting their rear wheels on. What am I doing wrong?

Also the captive axle thing from Corse Dynamics is out of stock. Is it really helpful?
IMG_20200509_182658409.jpg

IMG_20200509_182720242.jpg

·
Registered
898 Posts
have you tried to support the wheel? pitbull has a device but I use a strap over the frame then around the rim to hang the wheel,then slide an axle in.scrap wood under the tire also works to lift the wheel till everything aligns.
Pit Crew Tire Wedge

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here I use a ratchet straps to lign up the wheel hub with the axle. First photo I use a wrench to to keep the wheel hub and LH spacer in place.

Second photo is the caliper mount without enough clearance. I'm stumped.

IMG_20200510_115338794.jpg

IMG_20200510_115345039.jpg

·
Registered
847 Posts
Its been a long time since I had the stock wheels but I’m pretty sure that conical spacer should be on the left side. Should fit into the wheel.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Godammit yes the conical spacer goes on LH side into the hub. I forgot where it came out of and the manual makes it seem like it goes on the RH side. Two weeks later it's all done in 5 mins.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts