Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy gang! I was hoping to get some input from those in the know about what the going price is these days for a Darmah. Running condition but certainly tired. All there with typical parts replaced with non-original (mirrors, exhaust, tires, etc) I've plenty of experience with vintage Brit bikes and have owned a few modern Ducs but this is the first consideration of vintage Italian.

Thoughts and input are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
251 Posts
That's a really tough question HMBA. There are so few Darmahs sold and there are so many factors involved that it really comes down to the old adage "what the buyer is willing to pay and the seller willing to accept". You have to consider that everything will probably need replacing or rebuilding: tires, brakes, a tank lining, carbs, exhaust, chain, sprockets; it all adds up. And if it needs engine work, that's a good chunk of change. Even if you plan do your own engine work, you'll need to buy a new range of specialty tools for the job that you wouldn't have in your box.

That said, if it's a good price, go for it! I think it's a fun Ducati twin that's under-appreciated. If you are used to restoring British bikes, it will be enjoyable to build something different and you'll enjoy the astonished look on people's faces when you pull in for coffee at the Brit Cafe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts