Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently the Indy Speedway board has removed the president, and one of the things they seem to have been upset about was his adding events- NASCAR and "Grand Prix motorcycle racing" are mentioned in the CNN blurb as wastes of money.
Maybe someone here knows more about whats going on- the CNN paragraph wasn't too informative beyond the bare bones...

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
I read a report where Tony George stepped down in order to concentrate on his own race team and family priorities. The two board members that replaced him/ filled positions where originally hired by him. I think the GP's are safe, sounds like a guy who just wants to do his own thing now. He remains on the board.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I cant Imagine Nascar being a waste of money for Indy.... Even in the rain last year Moto GP still had good turn out. I dont know what it cost to put on an event like that but it seems that if there are people in the stands it would make money for Indy.

·
Banned
1,152 Posts
NASCAR and MotoGP make money for the Speedway and the city, they're not going anywhere. F1 was the huge money loser for them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts