Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I'm pretty new to the scene, but I think I've done one "smart" thing--I shop for used gear on Craigslist.

I think for a total of $350 I've purchased 2x Alpinestar leather jackets and 1x Dainese textile. I started off with the both brands, but had different sizes. Alpinestars was 52EU and Dainese was 54EU. I was much heavier a few months ago and couldn't even zip up the Aplinestars jacket, but I had a super snug feel with the Dainese. Then, I shopped again and found another Alpinestars leather, but this time I got it at 58EU.

Present time, I have lost 15lbs and the 58EU fits me pretty loose, the Dainese is a comfortable snug fit, and the 52EU Alpinestar can now be zipped up (even though I can breathe).

The point to all this is that I've noticed that the 2 brands make their jackets with high quality. I am now looking to switch to Dainse simply for aesthetics. I've come to love that rear neck/collar bump in the back of the jacket. Any added safety features to the jackets is always a plus for me.

So, I'm trying to figure out what's the "better" brand out of these 2? They're both Italian made, they both have great safety features (depending on how much you're willing to pay), and aesthetically they both look bad ass.

What do you guys wear? And what would you recommend from your own experiences?

·
Administrator
11,843 Posts
If I had a Ducati Scrambler or Diavel, I'd consider this sleek look. But for all intents and purposes of a sports bike, the more safety features the better for me.

On a side note I just can't wait to see what you are going to sell us when your post whoring run is done...

·
Administrator
11,843 Posts
Maybe since we're not so far away, you can tell me in-person what product you're interested in?

Since you never posted your location as was requested and acknowledged we wouldn't know.

But because post whoring is so frustrating and you seem to think you are so special... Bye for now Felicia.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I use Alpinestars now, but both are top brands. The quality of the two are similar, so go with what fits you the best. I find Alpinestars tends to run about one size small, personally. I wear a large, but my Alpinestars jackets are an XL.
As for the neckroll, are you talking about the speed hump? If so, you may want to research the downsides to them, specifically, if you crash, they make it extremely difficult for the rescuers to intubate.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I’ve worn both, more alpinestars however, from the jackets I had compared I felt like I was getting just as much from alpinestars for a little less money. I had watched a documentary on alpinestars. I believe it was twist of the throttle. They are an old company and do Tons of R&D. Dainese May very well do the same but you should check out that documentary it’s pretty cool

·
Administrator
11,843 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts