Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good evening everyone!

After a big Thanksgiving dinner, I ended up out in the shop (as I usually do!), and am really wondering what direction I should go with the SC. I have an '06, and up until this last year I have been happy to ride it bone stock. As the riding season is almost over here in Iowa, I am getting the bug to do some mods to the bike.

I have done some searches here, and am aware of some of the different tail tidys that are out there, but I would like to get some opinions and pictures of what they look like out on the bike. The overwhelming favorite seems to be the Fleda system, but I would like something a little more "retro" looking. My specific dislike is the LED system-although it looks clean, and gets rid of the turn signals, it looks a little too modern for me. The FLEDA system looks great-I am just wanting to go more old school looking.

Please post pics if you can, and list what you have. I appreciate the help, and can't wait to start tinkering with the bike!

(Sorry if this one has been covered a gazillion times too-I did a search for "tail tidy" and "fender eliminator" and came up with a lot of results, few of which were for a SC. I think I have my bases covered though if I ever add a Monster to the fleet again though!)

·
Registered
592 Posts
http://www.dpcars.net/

You'll find a tail unit on the dpcars site, though thats so badly laid out you'll only find it by hunting around.
The kit itself is good though and uses the stock tail light and indicators but dumps all of the brackets and plastic beyond the seat cowl and gives a nice clean look.

·
Registered
737 Posts
DPCars on my GT & S

Fleda on my 1000S

Couple of the Wasps on my GT... very tidy ;)

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
That Imola seat tail and light blends in really nicely JC.

Bullsnake: Do a search on "Wasp" or "Wasp tail chop"...
There is a guzillion pics and reports from the last couple of years.
The Wasp kit is 100% "Plug & Play" (as is the Pakbikes Fleda system) and you will have zero problems with either unit.
The Wasp tail chop also ships with matching front LED indicators.

I prefer the number plate painted black on the underside.

Greg.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
http://www.dpcars.net/

You'll find a tail unit on the dpcars site, though thats so badly laid out you'll only find it by hunting around.
The kit itself is good though and uses the stock tail light and indicators but dumps all of the brackets and plastic beyond the seat cowl and gives a nice clean look.
http://www.dpcars.net/ps/index.htm

Try this link for the dpcars tail chop.

I've got the first version of the FLEDA and love it.
FYI-these shots are not of my bike, my pics are too big.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone for all of the great responses! The Total Tail and WASP chops are exactly what I have in mind. It is great to see a few pictures of them, and confirm my thoughts.

Time to get the 'ol credit card out now and do some damage!

Thanks!
Dave

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Probably the norm, but I just emailed WASP works about an order-it appears as if their site is still under construction, and they have no way to order online. I think that this is the way I am going to go if I can get one coming.

Is this correct?

·
Registered
900 Posts
The WASP unit I have when in "cafe" mode is the best piece of work I've purchased for a bike in a long time. While it does utilze non-traditional turn signals, I think you hardly notice the signals unless they are lit, putting more attention on the lines of the bike. I do think the DP unit is OK, just did'nt like the fit. I have the stock fender for touring which captures the look almost as well as aluminum fenders.

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
WASP on my Sport 1000 SE:

The installation was super-easy... the only 'work' required was drilling the holes for the license plate.

I do like the way the Imola tail JC is offering integrates the stock lights; very nice! The only drawback is the visibility of the frame around the bottom (not noticable in that pic).

·
Registered
184 Posts
I agree on the Imola tail piece showing the frame rail.

If it wasn't for that I would buy it. I've seen the pics of it
on the Paul Smart and to my eyes didn't look quite right.

·
Premium Member
6,048 Posts
I agree
so
I would recommend the Street verision for black frames
And for the PS
The race version with the Fleda which partially covers the frame.

FYI
On the original Imola, that these bikes were inspired from, showed the frame rails.

See our
Showcase page at the Ducati link in the signature for more pics

I agree on the Imola tail piece showing the frame rail.

If it wasn't for that I would buy it. I've seen the pics of it
on the Paul Smart and to my eyes didn't look quite right.

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
wheelieman said:
..... If it wasn't for that I would buy it ..... The race version looks better on the Paul Smart ...... Can you PM the price to me?
Brace yourself for sticker-shock, wheelieman. I love the Imola seat with the integrated tail light, don't mind the frame-rail showing, but never could get myself to fork out the $$ If memory serves me well, close to $1K with paint and all bits and pieces :eek: But gorgeous nonetheless.

brooksie said:
I just wish I had a well sorted Smart. Yum.
You (and I too, for that matter :mad:) missed out on this one (Phil's bike):

I've seen it a few times on eBay and it was way too rich for me. When I found out for how much (little may be the better word here) it finally sold, I was ready to pull the last bit of remaining hair out of my head. Someone got a super deal.

RonB

·
Premium Member
6,048 Posts
The almighty dollar is no more.
Is suckin wind against the Euro and the YEN and there no relief in sight.
:(

Brace yourself for sticker-shock, wheelieman. I love the Imola seat with the integrated tail light, don't mind the frame-rail showing, but never could get myself to fork out the $$ If memory serves me well, close to $1K with paint and all bits and pieces :eek: But gorgeous nonetheless.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts