Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

What's oil consumption rate on V4?

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Goosey 
#1 ·
2021, bought new. Mines been going thru a 1/4-1/3 qt (from middle of sight glass to near bottom of sight glass) per 1000 miles since new. I have ~5000 miles on it currently. Not sure if this is normal.

#2 ·
I have a 2021 that was also losing oil at about the same rate. Turned out that it was leaking oil from the valve cover. I could see oil leaking on the rear bank, front bank wasn't easy to spot, but wiping my finger on the block i realized the entire block had a thin layer of oil on it. Bike is at dealer now and better be covered under warranty.
If you are leaking oil, try to get an appt at your dealer. I booked my appt 2 months in advance, dropped it off over 2 weeks ago and they still can't get anyone to look at it...

#4 ·
not a drop in nearly 12,000 miles. I've done at least 8 track days on her as well. I had leaky cam seals, but caught it and self repaired before the oil level changed any.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.