Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was so close to leave this section of forums - I was foolish enough almost sold my Sport Classic, and at the last minute I realize how much I love my baby. So it's a keeper for sure - the question is what's next. I am eying on Superbike since I never own one. Unlike some loaded members here, realisticly speaking, I can only afford a used 1198s or 1098s; or a new 848. Or, I will need to sell my SF-S to get a 1199s. I lean more toward keeping the SF-S since it's my 'long-range bike", and the bike is really fun as hell. I am sure I am not the only SC owner out there thinking of owning a Superbike (or one already owned.. a few Superbike :D). If you were in my boots; what you going to do? Is 848 worth to look into? I sit on the new Ducati 848 corse SE and I was drooling over over the skill design (along with some nice goodies like Ohlins shock and QS). But just worry a bit of lazy engine compare to F1098 - it kind of pull me back to 1x98 line. Input?

·
Registered
113 Posts
I love Ducati's superbikes as much as the next guy on this forum, but I think if I were in your situation I'd be looking for a little diversity in my fleet.

I'd find a used S1000RR that someone else has already dropped a little cash into with aftermarket goodies.

Otherwise, I'd sell the Streetfighter and get the Panigale.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I had a SFS all done out. I sold it for a 1098 and have never looked backed. I basiclly made the 1098 into an S. If I had the chance to sell the SFS for the 848 Corse or an early model 1198S or a later model 1198 I would in a heart beat. If you think the SFS is fun, just wait till you try its bigger brotha :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts