Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been thinking of selling the Ducati 748 that I've owned for over a year. I might be moving to downtown Chicago and living there, don't think I can afford a parking space for a bike. If I was to move to Miami or something where I get summer all year around, then I'd keep it. Sad to see it go :(.

Details:

CLEAN title / well maintained
~33,000 miles
Arrow full exhaust
Carbon Fiber Belly
Carbon Fiber Fender
Fender eliminator
Dzus quick release bolts

Rest are OEM, engine, etc. Previous owner road it to Daytona from Minnesota and rack a hell lotta miles. He was a mechanic at a local bike shop so did all the upkeeping. Runs perfect and no issues.

What do you guys think?

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,875 Posts
Sadly, $4,500 tops.

If you decide to keep it though, There's a pretty good group of guys here in Chicago. Check out drill-online.com

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,875 Posts
Yes, we meet every Tuesday night for a casual "shoot the breeze, poke at the motorcycles and have a beer or two" night. We also have regular rides and our guys do a lot of trackdays. We have all skill level of riders. Here's a photo of some of us who made the trip to Gingerman in Michigan for a weekend of trackdays in August. Check the DRILL website for more info.

·
Registered
178 Posts
$4,000 to $4,500. Throw it on Craigslist as well. Free to list and nice exposure.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Unfortunately, you're going to get hammered because of the mileage.

Ever thought about parting out? At least the aftermarket stuff.

·
Registered
508 Posts
its not worth much

I got my 748s and decided long ago that it is never being sold so it has no value beside I get to love it. The prices on these are so low that you get more out of keeping them. Toss in a 996 motor and enjoy for another 33k.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yes, sadly i bet I would be lucky to get $4,000 for my '98 748. Even harder in todays market where everyone can low ball like crazy. 1098s cant even sell for $15, a 999r will be lucky to get $13 for it. You can pick up 996 for about $6k ( thats so sad but true guys, dont tell me different haha) I think it is just worth it to hold on to it, I have so much invested in my slow old 748 it wouldnt be worth it to sell, I would be negative. Ahhh i hate realizing this LOL. Dont worry in a year or two you prob be able to pick up a Desmo d16 for about $20k soon at this rate. Wow, sorry to be mr Negative today. Hold on to that 748!:cool:

·
Registered
797 Posts
With that mileage, $3.5k tops......

So I've been thinking of selling the Ducati 748 that I've owned for over a year. I might be moving to downtown Chicago and living there, don't think I can afford a parking space for a bike. If I was to move to Miami or something where I get summer all year around, then I'd keep it. Sad to see it go :(.

Details:

CLEAN title / well maintained
~33,000 miles
Arrow full exhaust
Carbon Fiber Belly
Carbon Fiber Fender
Fender eliminator
Dzus quick release bolts

Rest are OEM, engine, etc. Previous owner road it to Daytona from Minnesota and rack a hell lotta miles. He was a mechanic at a local bike shop so did all the upkeeping. Runs perfect and no issues.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
387 Posts
I agree, with that milage 3.5 TOPS, and I would not touch it for more than $3000....in this market, there are SO many great 748's with 10k or fewer miles for around $4k....anybody willing to pay $3500 for a 30k miles 748 would GLADLY kick in the extra $500 for 20k fewer miles.....I'd ride that til the wheels fell off, you're gonna take a hit unless you bought super cheap.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts