Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
Absolutely the rider's championship. :cool:

All the manufacturer's title means is that you had lots of bikes and depth of talent.... :sleep:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
so for ducati, they want the rider title more than the manufacture, they use this as there bragging rights? i see a little sbk sticker on my gas tank, i'm guessing this refers to the rider championship

·
Registered
429 Posts
Manufacture title is MUCH more important for the factory then they riders title.
That is why they are dropping millions of dollars on their equipment so they can win titles. There are two good books that talk about that, one is the biography of ENZO FERRARI and the other is the bio of SOICHIRO HONDA they both talk about the team spirit and how the team comes first before rider or driver.

If rider title was that important Fabrizio would have got a ear full of [email protected]#$ in Imola for having passing Haga at race two.

like someone here said that is why we have that little sticker on our tanks stating the manufacture title not the riders.

Regards

·
Registered
260 Posts
Both are more important than the Nobel Peace Prize as far as I can tell.

But, more people probably remember the winning rider rather than the winning factory. It's probably a good thing to win both.

·
9,757 Posts

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
I guess a manufacturer can put whatever sticker they want to on their street bikes, but if Spies manages to pull off the title at Portimao, you don't think Yamaha will advertise the hell out of the fact that they won the WSBK title?

·
Registered
248 Posts
When it all comes down to, the manufacture will put all their efforts into the riders championship. Because you can't put #1 plate on the bikes that won the manufacturer title, its all about bragging rights and promoting sales.

The best rider wins on the best bike, winning the riders championship really means win it both, as far as manufacture is concerned.

·
Registered
334 Posts
The riders championship is the #1 title bottom line!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts