Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm not too fimilar with bikes (but i try to read as much as i can about it every second i have lol) anywho.. i just got my 04 999s about a month ago and when i very first rode it i noticed some oil like substance leaking out (very minimum leak though but still bothers me) of what appears to be a breather hose of some sort. I've attached pictures.

What is this hose? (its on the right hand side of the bike if you can tell from the pictures) and can this be plugged? It looks like it runs up underneath the gas tank some where.

Any advise would be helpful... Thanks :)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Not sure but it's the LEFT side of the bike. ;) Always refer to as if sitting on the bike. :)

·
Registered
475 Posts
Thanks Mark. I thought it was the left side. I took a quick look at mine and still can't tell what it is. Mine is a 05 999 biposto so there might be something different.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When i get home, ill take off the flairings and hopefully i can get a better picture.
I dont know if you guys can tell from the current picture, but the oil is leaking down and staining some parts of the bike...which is not cool lol

·
Registered
475 Posts
I see where it comes from. If I'm right, you should see where it goes. On the LEFT side of your engine, right above the big hose in the first pic, there is a part that kind of looks like an automobile thermostat housing with two hoses running to it. There should be a smaller hose connecting towards the top of the housing and the hose that you are describing should connect to the housing below the smaller hose.

I hope this helps. Sorry that I'm not all technical and don't know the names of all the parts without looking them up, but there are plenty of people on here that can help you out with that if need be.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
What is that dead ended hose from? Is it leaking from there?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What is that dead ended hose from? Is it leaking from there?

Yes.. its leaking what appears to be oil of some sort.

I've checked all my fluids and I'm top notch with all of the fluids...so this has to be some sort of breather hose..for what? i dunno, trying to find out.

Redduke,
ill check her out once i get her home tonight and take off the flairings to try and picture what your saying. :)

·
Registered
162 Posts
934.1.004.1A Breather pipe

934.1.004.1A Breather pipe. Thats the part and part No. of your loose hose. It should be fairly obvious where it should be attatched to the engine once you remove the fairing !

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
934.1.004.1A Breather pipe. Thats the part and part No. of your loose hose. It should be fairly obvious where it should be attatched to the engine once you remove the fairing !
Thanks vanscott, ill take a look around when i get the flairings off.
Hopefully its obvious...it looks crammed up in there. Any chance of a picture/free Haynes manual i can download to check out?

·
Registered
162 Posts
This should help

Attachments

·
Registered
475 Posts
Here ya go. I took mine apart for some pics. Hope it helps

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok guys, i've checked that hose your talking about...and its there. This is somewhat, another hose...now its getting me scared lol. I guess i have to pull the line out and see where its connected to. It makes sense that, that hose would go right there...but there's already a hose in it lol. damnn....wtf.

Any other ideas what the heck this hose is?

·
Registered
475 Posts
Well damn. Hmm... Can you take a pic of a bigger area showing the hose and possibly where the other end of the hose is connected to? I'll check out mine again and see what I can find.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Check this one. Underneath your airbox there is a tube that comes down from the middle. On the left side of the tube there is a hose that is connected to it. Check to see if that's it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Would i have to take the flairing off to see it? Im at work and cant possibly take it off here lol.

I'm thinking it could be the breather hose for the gas tank...from what i remember, i tried to follow the line up as it appeared it went up to the front of the gas tank. But why is it located at where its at? shouldent it be dropped to the bottom of the belly pan?

·
Registered
475 Posts
Oh Ok. Yea, the fairing needs to come off to see it. Let me know when you get a chance. If that's not it I'll keep looking. The only other thing I noticed that is that size though is a fuel line and I'm pretty sure that's not it.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Could it be from a removed charcol canister?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Oh my, this thread is gettin scary. Wait till u get home -take the fairings off-very easy and have a look. Post pics of what u see.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts