Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Interesting bike.... The seller probably has the price set comperably to stock 998's plus a bit for all the mods. IMO you have to very careful about paying a premium on a bike like this. Yeah it's unique, but it has been molested. The only way it's worth much more than a stock 998 is if the paperwork is there and if you would be considering performing many/most of the mods anyways. It would also be a good sign if it included the stock farings, no? 999's aren't going for THAT much more than 998's anyways. It's hard to see an "older" bike go for more than a newer one.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Extremely Modded

Wow, tons of stuff to be sure.

Make sure you realize that you are buying a Hot-Rod, but someone dumped a crap load of money into it.

Building Hot-Rods is fun, I know all to well, but one gets little out of them, $$$ wise......
If put back into street configuration it would I'm sure offer many smiles per miles.

Yet if that motor ever goes south you are in for big bucks!!!

Good old long stroke motors reach 135RWHP and last a long time, heck of a lot cheaper also...

Cheers,
mark

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are asking $29,500, I repeat; $29,500 at the shop that put it together.

I can only assume the reserve. Nice bike though.

Hello '05 999R for 1/2 the price.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Holly Crap,
He will not see 1/2 of that, not in this market........

They are asking $29,500, I repeat; $29,500 at the shop that put it together.

I can only assume the reserve. Nice bike though.

Hello '05 999R for 1/2 the price.

·
Registered
26 Posts
In my humble opinion...it sounds tasty for sure and is worth at least somewhere between 13,000-18,000 which, considering the time the dude has put into building it, is a steal.

(I agree with mbevans...hard to pull cash out of a project of love.)

But let's be honest... anyone would kill to own and ride that bad boy...

To quote a good friend of mine...fully sic mate!!!!!!!!

ciao

kojakbloke

·
Registered
14 Posts
In my humble opinion...it sounds tasty for sure and is worth at least somewhere between 13,000-18,000 which, considering the time the dude has put into building it, is a steal.

(I agree with mbevans...hard to pull cash out of a project of love.)

But let's be honest... anyone would kill to own and ride that bad boy...

To quote a good friend of mine...fully sic mate!!!!!!!!

ciao

kojakbloke
Not today it's not going for anywhere near $13 to $18. Buyer's market as best as we'll ever see!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts