Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few months ago I bought a couple of 888 pipes which have been fitted onto my ST4. The plan was to open them up and release the Duke snarl while keeping the original pipes for spare.

So, I've drilled down through the 888 pipes so the gas flows freely. Surprisingly the exhaust note deepened slightly but not much. More radical surgery required.

I've studied the Ducatsuite mods and understand the two methods described there. However my efforts to remove the outer shell have been in vain. Its impossible.

My question is - can anyone explain the interior structure of an 888 pipe? I'm hoping that removing the end plate and pulling out the packing will be possible.

Cheers
Winston

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Goodness gracious. Top man. And very timely as it happens, I've only just had some engineering "work" done on these mufflers. :D

The difference is night and day. Previously the bike was very quiet and considerate of neighbours etc. Now......hmmm, well lets say I noticed people turning around to see what was coming down the street.....:eek:

Might have overdone it but at least my ST4 now sounds like a Ducati.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts