Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The hyper i bought (2008 1100s) came with a broken clutch lever. Like everything with this bike i thought it would be a quick easy fix until i go to install the new levers i bought and realize that the reason it hasn't been changed already is because the bolt holding it in place is stripped. So i go to look at the the parts list to see about ordering a new bolt (if i ever get this one out) and the parts diagram has it listed as a pin with a retainer clip. Mine has a threaded hex head bolt with a nut on the other side. The brake and clutch are both Brembo and it appears that the brake side was threaded for the bolt so i'm not sure why there was even a nut on it.

Any way, long story short could someone tell me what is holding your levers in place? is it a pin, or a bolt?

thanks

·
Registered
588 Posts
My levers ('08 non-S) are both pivoting on the same type hex bolt with a nut on the bottom.

I've never had them apart so I don't know if the bracket is threaded or not. Wouldn't surprise me though.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doc,
Thanks again for your help. I guess I'm going ti have to stop in to the dealer and see what they have to offer.

·
Registered
588 Posts
If it was my bike I'd just take the bolt and nut from the brake side to the hardware store and match them there.

There is nothing special about them, any decent hardware store should have them at a fraction of what Ducati will charge you.

Fix it and ride the snot out of it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts