Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Just wondering what would be a good front caliper upgrade for a 998? I drove my friends bayliss and with the 4 pad system it brakes much better than mine. I just wanted to see if there are any other options because its not easy to find the brembos with 4 pads.

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
Well, depends on what year 998 you have, but you can buy the brembo gold-line 4 pad/pot calipers for cheap used. Are they better? Yes. Are they a LOT better? No. The breaking system's major issue is the master cylinder, its a piece of junk. If you get a better master cylinder (larger like a 16x18 or 19x20) and put on some nice new pads, you'll get much better breaking performance. 2 pad / 4 pot calipers are what most of the race bikes use.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
3,709 Posts
Easy to find. Check Gothamcycles.com

Hello,
Just wondering what would be a good front caliper upgrade for a 998? I drove my friends bayliss and with the 4 pad system it brakes much better than mine. I just wanted to see if there are any other options because its not easy to find the brembos with 4 pads.

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
I sold an '02 998 biposto for an '02 Bayliss and the braking is like night and day. Why? I don't know. I'm not that kinowledgeable about the differences.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts