Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm exploring getting a 899. I have read some things in the forums and for the most part it seems to be a great bike and much better for street riding as well as track days in comparison to the larger 1199 and 1299. But I would like to get some direct feedback from those that own or have owned one. I'm coming from a 998 that was recently sold. Thank you in advance for your time and info.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm going to be really interested to see these responses. Currently on my first Duc (1098S) and planning on getting an 1199S next.
I've only ridden a (bone stock) 899 for 4-5 laps at a track day last season. First impressions, compared to the 1098 generation:
much more "on top" of the bike than sitting "in" it. A lot less input required for corner tip-ins. Obviously doesn't have the violent grunt of the 1x98 generation, even compared to an 848. Much more peaky in the power band. Reminded me a lot of my old 2006 R6

·
Registered
335 Posts
Other than the twitchy throttle which is mostly annoying when i do track days(I also have the kit to fix it) the bike is perfect. The look, styling, sound and power. It's easy to ride around town and it has just enough power for the track to thrill you. I had an 848 for about 2yrs which I tracked regularly and really liked it until I rode an 899. I really wanted quick shifting and traction control along with ABS. I was lucky and found a slightly used 14 that was farkled to the max so I've done nothing to it except graphics. I love and appreciate Ducati's but am amazed at the attention it gets from all kind of people(young and old) including women. I've heard so many times "that's a really beautiful motorcycle, what is it." What I have read about the 1299, not being good around town and too powerful for most mortals on the track, is also expensive. I am a middle of the road Intermediate track day rider. It is perfect for me!

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
So I'm exploring getting a 899. I have read some things in the forums and for the most part it seems to be a great bike and much better for street riding as well as track days in comparison to the larger 1199 and 1299. But I would like to get some direct feedback from those that own or have owned one. I'm coming from a 998 that was recently sold. Thank you in advance for your time and info.
You might be better off asking that question on the 899 forum. There are not many 899 / 1199 / 1299 owners on this forum compared to the 899 and 1299 forum.

A lot of knowledge / experience have been diverted over to other forums specializing in the new bikes. MS has more info related to the older Superbikes.

http://www.899panigale.org/forum/

Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 and Ducati 959 Panigale Forums

-M

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
You might be better off asking that question on the 899 forum. There are not many 899 / 1199 / 1299 owners on this forum compared to the 899 and 1299 forum.

A lot of knowledge / experience have been diverted over to other forums specializing in the new bikes. MS has more info related to the older Superbikes.

Ducati 899 Panigale Forum

Ducati 1299 Forum - Ducati 1299 and Ducati 959 Panigale Forums

-M

This kind of annoys me. While I own one of these older superbikes, I love the Panigale series and wish we had more discussion about them here at .ms. I do go over to the Panigale specific forums from time to time but definitely prefer things around here..:smile2:

·
Premium Member
5,396 Posts
This kind of annoys me. While I own one of these older superbikes, I love the Panigale series and wish we had more discussion about them here at .ms. I do go over to the Panigale specific forums from time to time but definitely prefer things around here..:smile2:
Agree completely... I think that bike is sexy as hell. Especially the Superleggera that Ducati Detroit did a year or so ago...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts