Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a low ball post on CL here locally that I think is fake. I need to know what year and why? Also besides the turn signals, mirrors and seat is there anything else that makes you quetion it? Thanks

·
Chilehead
6,986 Posts
Impossible to say.

The swing arm and Ohlins are from an SS1000DS, not an 800SS.

Tail and pipes are not OEM, and there are no blinkers (I don't have any either) nor mirrors. But there are frame sliders.

So it's modified.

But what is fake?

Tom

·
Registered
432 Posts
That's an old photo of twpd's 800SS racer before he went with 999 fairings and an ARC undertail exhaust...

That photo of his bike (and a few others of it) inspired me to paint my 900SSie gloss black.

I doubt that CL post is legit, unless he's recently sold it and shipped it across the pond. Even if that's true, the bike doesn't even look that way anymore.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah the internet is a great thing. It is listed as an 06 in flawless shape and the poster is using his picture. The picture I found just by shear luck. All the 06's I've seen have red frames grey was only till 05 if I am not mistaken.

·
Registered
665 Posts
...Impossible to say...
It is possible to say... (although I do know this is TWPD's race 800SS :D:p)

The cam covers have 4 screws, so it's not a 1000.

Instruments are of the newer type, so it's not a 750 or a 900, so it's probably an 800 because...

...The swing arm and Ohlins are from an SS1000DS, not an 800SS...
...in 2003 the 800 was available as "Sport" (non-adjustable forks, steel swingarm and handle bars, rear shock was a Sachs I think) and "SuperSport" (aluminium swingarm and Ohlins shock as on the 1000, aluminium handle bars, adjustable forks but not the same as on the 1000).

Regarding the topic's first question, I don't think that TWPD has sold his SS so that guy you mentioned is probably just using TWPD's pictures.

:):)

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Impossible to say.

The swing arm and Ohlins are from an SS1000DS, not an 800SS.
Not necessarily.

My '02 900SS has the exact same swingarm and came with an Ohlins rear.

The 1000DS wasn't the first time the SS got these goodies.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's an old photo of twpd's 800SS racer before he went with 999 fairings and an ARC undertail exhaust...

I doubt that CL post is legit, unless he's recently sold it and shipped it across the pond. Even if that's true, the bike doesn't even look that way anymore.
I did get the picture from his web site as did the poster.

http://www.twpdracing.com/gallery.htm
Does he still have the bike as far as you know?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Yes that is my bike. I still have it. I am taking this year off from racing my 800ss due to racing injuries.

The alloy arm is std 03 800ss equipment for the UK. See the wiki article for more.

More info about my bike can be found here: www.twpdracing.com

I would like to know who is using photos of my bike.

Cheers!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts