Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A Paul Smart with 47K miles?

One for sale locally. Also, a Sport Classic with 5,400 miles for about the same money.

·
Premium Member
2,889 Posts
Depends on what else comes with the bike. For example, are they 100% OEM or is there an after-market exhaust?

Looks like I need to see what they got when I pick up my Diavel :wink2: Don't worry, I can't afford a used Scrambler so I'm no threat :grin2:

·
Registered
922 Posts
Curious at what price the PS is going for with those miles on it. I would guess between $11k and $14k, depending on what condition the bike is in, all service records and what goodies it has termi's, full fairing, etc. That would be a good bike to have as a daily driver and to not worry about putting miles on her.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I found the ad for the Paul Smart. They want $16,499 for the bike. There was one on ebay a couple of months ago that had a starting price of $18,000 with no reserve and it didn't sell. The bike had a little over 9k miles on it. At least with these bikes you really don't have to worry about the engine. From the ad it sounds like it is in excellent shape with all service performed at the correct intervals. Probably get it in the upper $15k range.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good find as the bike is at Motocorsa. I did not post the link as the dealership website currently does not have pictures of the actual bike shown. High mileage bikes seem to scare many off. The nice thing about this bike, is that it would be a rider.

·
Premium Member
2,889 Posts
I saw the one at MotoCorsa and it is a rider, would take a fair amount of cleaning products to make it showroom clean. That's not a bad thing in my book as it's been ridden more than stared at :wink2: You want a garage queen? Then buy a poster.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I went in and took a look at the PS. It is not stock.

Motor punched out to big bore kit (1070??) and has shaved heads. Mavic wheels and upgraded Brembo brakes and rotors. pretty good looking unit.

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
A Paul Smart with 47K miles?

That's a lot of miles, wait for a low mileage bike to come along.
High mileage is ok if you've done it yourself and highly modded with high miles :surprise:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts