Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At gun point what would be your first choice of a NEW bike (brand and model) to replace your SuperSport with?

And no you can't opt out (take the soft option) by saying "I would rather take the bullet than replace my SuperSport!"

Be interesting to see if any two people suggest the same bike.

·
Registered
350 Posts
At gun point what would be your first choice of a NEW bike (brand and model) to replace your SuperSport with?

And no you can't opt out (take the soft option) by saying "I would rather take the bullet than replace my SuperSport!"

It wouldn't have to be at gun point, I'd take a Carbed Guzzi Lemans over my SS anyday..........and I love both my CR and SP.

·
Excel Addict
5,126 Posts
Faired bike - Duc 848 or Triumph Daytona 675R but with suspension adjusted for the road.

Naked - MV Agusta Brutale - awesome ride. This is followed closely by the Triumph Street and Speed Triples. I quite like the SF, but was not super keen on the 1100 Monster.

·
Excel Addict
5,126 Posts
So Liam, when do you buy in with your choice?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
So Liam, when do you buy in with your choice?
I was hopeing no one would ask this as to tell you the truth I am a bit stumped.

I have ridden this year an 848 Streetfighter (quite cool but missing down low grunt - big hole in the middle of the revs and no wind protection) , a KTM 990 SMT (to big for me, but great bike other than looking frugly), BMW S1000RR (Amazing machine, natural seating position and handling felt very natural and intuitive. Bland until you are going really really fast. More power that I could ever use on the road, price is a bargain for the performance you get). Monster 796 (The riding position was just awful for me and no wind protection and the current monsters all look awkward to me).

Panigale....too insane I would never feel like I was getting my moneys worth riding it along at 10% of it's engine capabilities. It would just be trouble looking for somewhere to happen,

I wouldn't trade in The FastBikeGear project F.E for any of these.

...But if you pointed a gun at me I would choose the MV Augusta F800, or Ducati 848 Superbike.

• Both are lightweight,
  • Both reputedly handle really well on the track but need softening for the road.
  • Both have some reasonable torque. But regrettably not as low in the revs as the SuperSport
  • Both have a good riding position as my bike with clipons (I am one of the odd people that find the sports bike position more comfortable for longer trips).
  • Both look good. The F3 paricularly so. (that would clinch it for me over the 848)
But evertime I ride something else I am relieved to get back on my SuperSport.

.....so still looking!

·
Premium Member
376 Posts

Funny you should ask....:think: I have just had to make this decision, love my SS but wanted something a little more versatile, more comfortable upright riding position, preferably naked (mainly to keep terminal velocity down a bit to appease the law...), reduced servicing costs and it still had to be a Ducati. Didn't want to go back to a 4V or watercooled, so settled on a Monster 1100 EVO ...ordered it yesterday. :)

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
No one makes a NEW bike that interests me. If I ever buy a bike to replace my SS1000DS it will be because my riding needs have changed. I expect my bike of choice would be a 998. But if I couldn't find one I really wanted I'd consider a 999.

·
Registered
236 Posts
There are a few bikes I have been looking at. I'm tall and it's difficult to find something that is comfortable and isn't a BMW.

1. The new Husky TR 650 Terra (looks like it's going to be a one year bike since KTM just bought Husky). Tons of power from a single cylinder and versatile.
2. Multi 1100S (know it's not new) - I haven't ridden one, but to me it seems like the perfect combination of power, handling, and comfort. Maybe not quite as nice looking as the Sport Classics or the Super Sports, but very good all around.
3. New Honda CBR1100. Had a chance to ride one and it was super smooth, not as much grunt as I was hoping for but still nice.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Funny you should ask....:think: so settled on a Monster 1100 EVO ...ordered it yesterday. :)[/IMG]
Me too, about 6 months ago. I really wanted to keep the air cooled 2V twin. I like the sounds and that jolt of torque and I don't need more than 100HP. My riding now is mostly day rides in the very tight twisties with some mixed city/country romps. I like the 380 lbs dry weight & electronic nannies but don't like that you have to take the tank off (not easy or fast) to get at the battery and the 120 miles to reserve tank. Termis + DP ECU make a big difference in slow speed civility.

1 - 20 of 119 Posts