Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What weight did you have your flywheel....machined down to, I belive the standard weight is 5lbs, and how did you decide that weight, I think I am going this route over the Nichols, thanks for information

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
What weight did you have your flywheel....machined down to, I belive the standard weight is 5lbs, and how did you decide that weight, I think I am going this route over the Nichols, thanks for information
The Ducshop turned mine down to 2lbs 3 oz, the same weight as the 848 & 1198S the stock one is about 4lbs. I like the way the bike works with it, real smooth, Aloha Alex

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
I turned mine down myself to 1lb 14oz. (at least according to the digital fish scale at the local Portugese liquor store):D
The way I decided on this weight was a little more scientific.I cut,and cut, and cut, until I couldn't cut no more! The only way you could get a steel flywheel much lighter would be to cross drill it.
There are some pictures in my images gallery,but beware.If you click on them,they blow up to macro Godzilla size. I'm not so good with computers.:eek:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts