Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. A.W. here from North Carolina. I have a back ground in IT but for the past 4 years I have been running my own small decal company. My background with cars goes back 27+ years and bikes go back about 18+ years I guess. I've done work on my cars from minor service to full blown motor swaps so I am no stranger to a wrench.

I purchased a yellow 2000 996 biposto back in August and it needs a lot of TLC. This has been my dream bike for the better part of 20 years so I bought with my heart and not me head. Was one of those 2 good to pass up deals and as it goes, too good to be true situations. Runs great, well, runs very rich but runs well enough for the moment. Has 20k mile on the clock with lots of original parts. I had a 2007 Monster 695 back in 07.

Anyway, I hate to admit it but I will be one of the many that consumes more information than I provide. That's how it goes I suppose. We are all here to learn. But I will certainly share any info I can if its a subject I think I may be able to help.

My current stable of vehicles is the 2000 Ducati 996, a 1970 Chevrolet C10 long bed on air bags. A 1975 Honda CB360t cafe racer project, and 2 small hatchback daily drivers.

Attached is a pic of my 2 loves that i also hate. :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,173 Posts
Welcome and be sure to start making oem style decal kits for our bikes.

Be sure to post up questions on the 996 in superbikes and there will be a fine group of people along shortly to help you. Some are owners who have hands on experience a few (like me) were mechanics at dealerships and then others are tuning savants who dig deep into the ecu's.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Uhh. I hate that I put that as my subject. Actually posted before I proof read everything and learned I can’t go back and edit.

I will certainly look into making some decals for our bikes.

Great to here the vast amount of folks in here. I’ll certainly need assistances from everyone. I’ll be doing all the maintenance except valves and belts. Because of time constraints and my ability to become easily distracted, I do t want to get the bike torn apart that far to only get pulled away and sit forever in pieces. Hince the cafe “project”.

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
Change it to “What is up all you fine gentlemen and ladies and others on this very fine day.”

I just through I’d through in the bit about the ladies cause I didn’t want to offend anyone. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Done. I originally didnt put my city in because of paranoia. But oh well. Done.

And lets go with DuckMan's suggestion "“What is up all you fine ladies and gentlemen and others on this very fine day.”

But switched up to put the ladies first. As to not offend anyone :D

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
Yep. You’re going to fit in just fine around here. Welcome. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 10 of 10 Posts