Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just took delivery of a CF front fender for my 998 (great workmanship Shift-Tech!). Dying to see what it looks like on the bike but I can't figure out what kind of fastener it is that holds the brake line clamp to the back of the stock fender. I thought it might be a Allen of Torx screw but the hole down the centre of it appears to be deeper than a screw head socket. Is it a rivet? I know I'm fretting over a minor issue but I don't want to MacGyver it off to find that it's some sort of Italian, specialty, rare metal, anti-vibration fastener that I have to wait another week to get shipped to me.

Thanks for giving the newbee mechanic a break and not busting my ass over this inquiry!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
rivet. why don't you mount it up with out the clip, put a little foam tape around the hose if your worried about marking the fender.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Drill a second small hole just ahead of the main hole and loop a zip tie through it. More secure than the stock clip.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts