Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 748 came with this FBF Exhaust system. I saw in a thread a while ago that someone asked for help to determine the root manufacturer of their pipes since FBF rebadges them. If any of you could take a quick look and tell me what you think these may be, it would greatly be appreciated. If you happen to know a little about these, whether or not they're a descent set of pipes or if there is a better alternative, please let me know. From what I've been able to dig up they seem to resemble Remus or Termi exhausts. I don't really know much about the manufacturers or if I'm even close on my speculation or not. Would any of you happen to know of the value of these pipes and their performance expectations as well? I know this isn't "Antiques Roadshow" or anything, I'm just curious. Thanks for all of your help.

Again, thanks everyone!:)

·
Registered
560 Posts
My guess is Arrow or possible SilMoto made for FBF. Regardless they sure look good and 99% chance that they were made in Italy.

You can call FBF directly they should be able to tell you,

I use to have their number on my cell, just looked must have deleted it. They are on the east coast I think and can be contacted.

Mark

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
By the look of the carbon fiber weave it looks to be Sil Moto. FBF deals mainly w/ Sil Moto. You can call FBF at 215.657.1276:)

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey! Thanks for the compliments and the help with the exhaust identification! It really makes me happy when people have nice comments about my bike. I love her to death and plan to take great care of her for years to come. I think these pipes really make a statement...with sight AND sound LOL.:D

Are SilMoto pipes good? Where do they rank in regards to other systems, like Arrow, or Termignoni? Any other opinions about them? Thanks a ton everyone!

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are we sure these are Sil Moto? I was looking around further and from what I can tell, all the rebadged FBF pipes have Sil Moto stamped into the exit caps...mine says nothing. They somewhat resemble Forzas... sheesh this is too tough.

You're all probably right though. Gah!

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
I wouldn't loose any sleep over this......whether the exhaust is Sil or Forza rebadged w/ a Ferracci logo ( which IMO is way cooler than either of the aforemention brands) it's a top quality exhaust, no doubt. Give em' a call and grab a couple of fairing decals, clutch pressure plate and gas cap.....and you're in!:)

·
Super Moderator
8,217 Posts
They look like Termignoni to me.. I had arrows made pipes on my 748, but those have a more rounded ejectionport stops, not the concave look of termis..

//amullo

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Everybody says something different. This identification business is pretty tough haha.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You're right. Your ejection ports are convex. i guess that rules out Arrows. On the picture of your lower cowl, you see the head peeking through and its says "4V DOHC" Mine doesn't say that I don't believe...is that bad? Are my heads switched? Is that even possible? Does that matter? My brain is going to explode! :mad::(:confused:

·
Super Moderator
8,217 Posts
Nacademus
My 748 (in the pic) is an SP. The SP and SPS engined are the only Desmo´s that had that text on the heads. :)
So unless your bike is an SP or an SPS, its not going to have that text on the heads. From your sig i see you have a regular 748, which said something like Ducati Desmo or similar as far as i can recall..

//amullo

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So, its been a while and I am still unsure as to what these pipes are. I've heard Termi thrown out there as well as Arrow and SilMoto. I am going to post a couple more pics. If anyone has an amount of certainty, please chime in-this has been bothering me for months :)

Sorry to dig this up, but that's better than making a new one :)

·
Registered
797 Posts
mufflers

They look like older Termi's to me also..........

But truly in the grand scheeme of things as long as the carbon shows no burn through areas, the mufflers are not rattling, they are all about the same for quality and longivity.

Horspower wise most if not all with the same inside core diameter, will be putting out about the same power......

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
emailed FBF. They replied:

"I believe they are SilMoto. We can still get the exhaust system in carbon or titanium, but they are custom order and would take about 6-8 weeks."

Thank you
FBF

*sigh*

But they don't look like any Sils I've seen. They look almost identical to the Termis. I'm trying to correllate the CF graining and the outlet cap shapes. All the SilMoto that I've found seem to have bubbled exit ports. IDK...

I'm going to go insane. Why cant there be a stamp in the chrome somewhere?

·
Registered
248 Posts
They are "Forza" made for FBF, my carbon mufflers are identical to yours, I have 45/50mm setup, the welds are the same around the entries from mid-pipes.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
They are "Forza" made for FBF, my carbon mufflers are identical to yours, I have 45/50mm setup, the welds are the same around the entries from mid-pipes.
Really? If you could post a pic, I would greatly appreciate it :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts