Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought this bike for a while now (it’s 2011 streetfighter S) and the front brake pads are running out, I don’t know what type of brake pads I need to get for it because the previous owner modes the bike and I don’t really know if he change the rotors or not here’s the pic

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
I run Ferodo pads on all of my bikes & those are the only pads I stock for my shop--the ones I use are their organic pads--I use these because they are easier on the rotors, ---For stronger braking you can use sintered pads--These stop better but are harsher on the rotors, Which ones you need are totally dependent on the type of riding you want to do

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
They look like the stock rotors to me, they have the T/C buttons, so I'm betting they are.....

As for pads, it really depends on what you're doing with it, the genuine brembo pads are awesome all rounders, i have them on my track bike, aftermarket SBS sintered will be going in when needed but they are a bit aggressive for the street. As @rennsportmotorrad says, organics are softer and as well as being easier on the rotors they give good lever feel, good in the wet as well, but they do lack that sintered bite.
If in doubt, by the genuine Brembo pads, and by the way, they have fuck all material on them from new...

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
EBC HH, good performance/longevity at a reasonable price...

Reactions: JEFFRPM

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
I personally will not use nor install EBC pads--I have had too many times when the EBC pads stated for a specific bike do not fit properly, in an emergency I have had to take the pads to a grinder to to make them fit into the caliper body or I have had to modify the pin holes where they would slide on the pins. ---I know many people have had good luck with them but mine not so much--I think they are crap--their QC dept sucks, I am not telling you what to run--just I would avoid EBC pads. Thats just my OPO

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
I personally will not use nor install EBC pads--I have had too many times when the EBC pads stated for a specific bike do not fit properly, in an emergency I have had to take the pads to a grinder to to make them fit into the caliper body or I have had to modify the pin holes where they would slide on the pins. ---I know many people have had good luck with them but mine not so much--I think they are crap--their QC dept sucks, I am not telling you what to run--just I would avoid EBC pads. Thats just my OPO
Didn't realize they were so problematic...I've only run a set in three different bikes and found them to fit/perform as advertised.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Brembo pads all the way ...but what are your goals...that's were the brembo compounds shine...if your asking about pads...that's the first step...I'd start with the SA compound....when your ready they will teach you about brake temp...there's a very predictable point where brake force starts going the other way...you can begin to plan for it...and get a real sense for thermal activity at the point of contact...good initial bite...touch better than OEM...it's a real good starting point...last half as long as OEM...but they are half the cost and your only getting faster...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I run Ferodo pads on all of my bikes & those are the only pads I stock for my shop--the ones I use are their organic pads--I use these because they are easier on the rotors, ---For stronger braking you can use sintered pads--These stop better but are harsher on the rotors, Which ones you need are totally dependent on the type of riding you want to do
Ok thank you very much

1 - 12 of 12 Posts