Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2011 multi S - I will purchase the Tuneboy tune-edit advance wi-fi kit- tuning and cruise control ,also the quick-shifter kit , do I need the LC-2 wide band kit and 2 - 12-18 mm bung adaptors ? also anything else ? thanks for your input .

·
Premium Member
1,330 Posts
If you are going to Tune the bike, you will need the LC2. The adapter would be needed to screw the LC2 sensors into the exhaust without welding in a new bung...But be aware the rear cylinder is very hard to reach with the adapters...If not impossible....my opinion if you removed the upper shock mount and attached the sensor then reinstalled the shock it would work...but that's a bitch.

·
Registered
348 Posts
that depends....

If you are going to develop your own trim files while riding the bike, then yes you will need the LC-2 wide band kit, however Tuneboy has been saying that the latest version of the software (Beta released yesterday) will enable you to develop your own trim files just using the standard Ducati Narrow band probes already fitted.

but if you are going to use a Dyno to do the trimfile this, then the dyno will probably have a "stick it up the exhaust probe"

or as I did (and many others) ask around on this forum and some one who has the same bike/decat may give you a trim file that has already been done.

YMMV

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input guys , not going to tune it myself so I will not get the LC-2 or bung adaptors .

·
Registered
65 Posts
If you are going to develop your own trim files while riding the bike, then yes you will need the LC-2 wide band kit, however Tuneboy has been saying that the latest version of the software (Beta released yesterday) will enable you to develop your own trim files just using the standard Ducati Narrow band probes already fitted.

but if you are going to use a Dyno to do the trimfile this, then the dyno will probably have a "stick it up the exhaust probe"

or as I did (and many others) ask around on this forum and some one who has the same bike/decat may give you a trim file that has already been done.

YMMV

Interesting your comment regarding narrow band sensors and tuning. Tuneboy has informed me that the V6 documentation will be available in a couple of weeks. Where did you see this info, links? Can't see anything on their website. It certainly would save a lot of hassle of trying to fit the sensor to the rear or welding another Bung elsewhere, I really hope it's true.

I'm wondering how places with a Dyno can map each cylinder by only sticking one probe up the exhaust pipe?!? surely not possible!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2012 MTS1200 ST
23 Posts
I removed the upper shock mount and installed the LC-2 without any problem, the only problem is the shock will not go back on with the sensor there. its pinched between the shock and the frame and you can not get the bolt back in the shock mount.
Have you actually made this work TiDuc or anyone else?

·
Premium Member
1,330 Posts
I do not use the adapters. I pulled my rear header and welded the 18mm bung in on the right side of the pipe so I can use the TB O2 sensors easily and without adapters. (although NOTHING is easy about removing the rear header pipe either). One of the nuts is very hard to remove without the correct tool.

I have had the rear shock off and it appeared to me with it out you would have enough room to fit the sensor, But I have never tried to fit the adapter in the original location. So it looks like you tried and still not enough room?

·
Registered
2012 MTS1200 ST
23 Posts
Yes it's easy to fit the sensor with the shock removed but its not possible to fit the shock back with the sensor there. its very close but no go. Missing about 1-2mm to get the bolt back in.
I think i'll weld the bung in the De-cat pipe so i don't have to remove the headers and keep them original.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That mig weld definately got good penetration .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts