Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just putting my 95 superlight back together after having the heads off.

The triangular vent box on the left side of the bike has got four holes in it. I know the two hoses from the carbs go into two of them but cant work out what the other two holes are for? Looked in haynes, part manual, search etc...

Any help appreciated,

Cheers Todd.

·
Registered
884 Posts
I believe they go to the carbon canister or crankcase breather box under the seat. You may have already removed those parts. Mine were removed and the other port on the triangle boxes were just left open.

·
Registered
395 Posts
the two smaller holes? mine didn't have anything there, either. note that the carb hoses are just a friction fit into the boxes. that tells me it's not worth worrying about. I plugged the hoses and threw the box away.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, thanks guys. Its all back together now, and there's no spare bits or hoses anywhere....

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hi All,
Just putting my 95 superlight back together after having the heads off.
The triangular vent box on the left side of the bike has got four holes in it. I know the two hoses from the carbs go into two of them but cant work out what the other two holes are for? Looked in haynes, part manual, search etc...

Any help appreciated,

Cheers Todd.
The two remaining holes should be left open to the atmosphere. The purpose of the triangular boxes (that's an oxymoron isn't it?) is to provide a still-air environment for carb venting. If there weren't any boxes, and the hoses were just left hanging, air moving across their ends would create a low pressure, sucking air and possibly fuel through the hose. When the ends are gently nestled into those boxes, they have a safe place to hide. But, they still need to vent :)
Hope that helps!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts