Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So. My 02' 748 is ready for it's first clutch replacement. It is at just over 20k miles. I checked the friction discs. They are at 2.79mm. The red 4 ring bindered book says to get rid of them at < 2.8mm. The basket is beat to s#%t. Unfortunately, it seems that it has to go. The springs are well within spec.

I'd love to do a drop in slipper instead of stock setup. I do track days with it. I don't feel like I NEED a slipper, but hey, it would be neat to try.

Money is tight right now, but the job has to get done. I don't have an issue with the noise of the stock arrangement :D. If I can do a slipper for not too much more than an OEM basket and plates, I'll do it. Any thoughts?

·
Senior Italophile
865 Posts
If you can get a descent slipper for cheap then I say go for it!
I love mine! :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm not sure what price range is affordable to you, but I just got an EVR clutch from Bellissimoto a few days ago. The install was simple and he has a great deal on them right now. Randy is an awesome guy to deal with also. He put up with my calls asking for help and advice and seemed happy to help.

Edit: Here's a link to the EVR clutch. http://bellissimoto.com/Clutchparts.html

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the link TunaRider. I had not seen that site before. The posted prices are pretty high. I was talking to someone at the track last year that said he found a Yoyodyne for $700 new. I'm thinking more in that price range.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thanks for the link TunaRider. I had not seen that site before. The posted prices are pretty high. I was talking to someone at the track last year that said he found a Yoyodyne for $700 new. I'm thinking more in that price range.
For what it's worth, I did a bit of research before deciding on the clutch I wanted. The guy who started EVR is the guy who invented the slipper clutch. Their design is a bit different than what everybody else is doing and from what I understand everybody else is essentially using his old design. The new one is supposed to be more durable and less maintenance intensive than anything else on the market.

·
Registered
797 Posts
MotoWheels has a great bargin for their Slipper assembly, I own one and love it!!!

T

·
0 Posts
hi ,, i have this evoluzione clutch that the owner give me when i bought from and i think he payed close to 1200.00 ... but i don't really use ... so make me offer and will go from there ...

Attachments

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MotoWheels has a great bargin for their Slipper assembly, I own one and love it!!!
That 4 spring model they are advertising is indeed a good deal. They have an STM basket/friction plate upgrade for the stock setup that is only $100 less.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hi ,, i have this evoluzione clutch that the owner give me when i bought from and i think he payed close to 1200.00 ... but i don't really use ... so make me offer and will go from there ...
Do you know everything is there? It appears to utilize the OEM style friction material. I'll let you know soon.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Yoyodyne has great slipper clutches...though there clutches do not come with friction plates. Actually most clutches do not come with frictions. So make sure you know what you are getting!!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Driven plates with notches

For the moment I have to put the clutch back together. I got a new voltage regulator and I bought some components to upgrade the generator connections (re-engineering for Dcuati), those are supposed to be here tommorow. I want to prove that all works before I go freakin nuts on the clutch.

Does anyone know why the "driven plates" have notches on them? I read the damn manual. I didn't see anything.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just purchased a lightweight non-slipper clutch kit that includes EVERYTHING for a little over $800.00 from Yoyodyne. They even threw in a 10% discount without me asking...

For the moment I have to put the clutch back together. I got a new voltage regulator and I bought some components to upgrade the generator connections (re-engineering for Dcuati), those are supposed to be here tommorow. I want to prove that all works before I go freakin nuts on the clutch.

Does anyone know why the "driven plates" have notches on them? I read the damn manual. I didn't see anything.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just purchased a lightweight non-slipper clutch kit that includes EVERYTHING for a little over $800.00 from Yoyodyne. They even threw in a 10% discount without me asking...
Thanks fro the tip. I will definitely be checking with them.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I talked to the dealer today. It will cost me $340 for the OEM basket and plates. It looks like that is the way I'm going this time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts