Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
5,800 miles on the original Pilot roads. I'm looking at several different tires to replace them with. I would like some pros and cons of the tires you are running.

·
Life is too short to worry !
2,650 Posts
5,800 miles on the original Pilot roads. I'm looking at several different tires to replace them with. I would like some pros and cons of the tires you are running.
You need to do a search because , even recently , this subjetc has been extensivelly discussed hence the lack of replies.;)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Pirelli

Aw shucks, I'll add a reply. I am running Pirelli Diablo Stradas. Long wearing and sticky. I highly recommend them.

Best,

·
Registered
85 HD, 87 Paso 750, 94 Bimota DB2, 94 GSXR750, 96 GSXR1100, 98 ST2, 00 R1, 01 M900, 02 748, 03 999
3,451 Posts
Long wearing
I beg to differ. They are one of the shortest wearing tires I've run with the D208 Qualifier taking the award for quickest to wear out.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Whatever you replace the Pilot Roads with will be a huge improvement. They have to be one of the worst handling tires out there. Good mileage but minimal grip and very slow turn in. The PR2's are much improved. Highly recommended.

Jeff

·
Registered
434 Posts
Michelin Pilot Road 2CT. Highly recommended.
:)
+1
My favorite so far. I'll be retiring a set tomorrow with ~4000miles. Down to the wear bars on the rear.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Switched off my Pirelli Rosso's in mid trip this May, I think we were in Colorado Springs. They didn't have Rosso's at the new combined Harley/BMW?!?! dealer, but they had Michelin Pilot Road 2CTs. IMHO the Road 2CTs are a better tire than the Pirelli Rosso.

·
Registered
150 Posts
On my 2nd set of Dunlop Roadsmarts. Got 6000 out of the last set. Hoping for the same on this one. Best rain tire I have ever used. Stable at speed, easy turn in, good feed back, I like them!

Rick G

1 - 11 of 11 Posts