Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I was led to understand that a push/pull throttle cable combo is the right one for split FCRs and have purchased the below throttle and cable.

Domino XM2 Domino SpA
Motion Pro Cable Motion Pro Push/Pull Throttle Cable Set for Ducati with Keihin FCR

However, I've now been told that the above is not at all the best set up and I should be using a twin pull set-up.

Can anyone give me a definitive answer, based on your knowledge or experience?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I can't speak from experience only from what I have sitting here. I bought a pair of split singles (and a bunch of other stuff) for a project that still hasn't gotten off the ground. (I need another bike). Chris Kelley sent with the kit the twin push pull cables - the same as the last two photos in the motion pro link you posted.

Number on the cables is MP 01-0612 J10 USA.

I have a mounted pair on standard intakes on the 900SS and I must admit that the return spring seems strong enough to not need the return cable. Overkill maybe? Even when riding I am pretty sure I let the carbies close by themselves. Having a pair of just pull cables does sound easier.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I used my 2 cables from when my carbs were joined, one being the pull and other push. I bought a Domino twin pull throttle and just shaped the plastic end part on the bench grinder to slip up into the housing. Don't bother with push pull mate, the spring on each carb will give you arm pump before being the slide being held open on over run. Google BR special tuning if you want to buy the best stuff for keihins, he is a good dude and great service.
Cheers
Shane

·
Registered
869 Posts
I got the twin cable set up for my split FCRs from Motion Pro

·
Registered
154 Posts
I also use the Motion Pro Throttle/cable setup . Both the push and pull sections coming off of the throttle split into two so that you can connect a push and pull cable to each carb bellcrank . The carbs do have strong closing springs . However after time and use they get sticky . I'd be leery of NOT using a closing cable .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Hamish.
My 90 model came in from Japan with a single to twin pull setup like a few of the two stroke twins I've owned in the past. The throttle is a quick-pull 90 deg job with a single cable into a splitter. It's running a pair of 41mm FCR's (what else?) on Malossi manifolds with the short connecting sleeves from a '92-on 900 SS. Throttle action is superb with the quick-pull and it doesn't take much of a twist to have the bike on it's rear wheel in the wrong lane etc :D No problems with sticky anything, let the throttle off and it snaps closed every time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts