Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe it's me but that sound of the dry clutch is enough to put you in a mental hospital. Love the way it grabs but that clankity Clank Clank Clank Clank Clank Clank. Jesus Christ what were they thinking. Couldn't they have made a damn clutch that grabs and doesn't make that noise. No offense I'm just saying I picked up a1098 really cheap kind of like adding to my collection of bikes and I'm going to switch it out with the wet slipper clutch. Any thoughts? Or can I get a dry clutch that doesn't make me want to take a sledgehammer to the side of the clutch.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
... you running an open clutch cover? .... if so, maybe putting a closed cover on it will help. Certainly one hell of a lot less costly than the wet clutch kit.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Maybe it's me but that sound of the dry clutch is enough to put you in a mental hospital. Love the way it grabs but that clankity Clank Clank Clank Clank Clank Clank. Jesus Christ what were they thinking. Couldn't they have made a damn clutch that grabs and doesn't make that noise. /-----/
You might want to do the "Grease mod", some people like it. It kinda quiets the clutch down and makes for an easier engagement.

And here's the real Yellow Wolf at Deals Gap...;)

·
Registered
369 Posts
"Big $$$"

Not really. The stock slipper on my 1198 was roasted when I bought it (I got them to knock nearly $4,000 off the asking price because of it). When I pulled it apart the stock plates were jacked as well as the basket so I ordered the EVR 48T upgrade kit from Motowheels for $400ish bucks - just the basket and plates.

Get the 48T kit and install a closed clutch cover and the noise levels will be drastically reduced

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
One thought: You sure didn’t do your homework before buying a dry clutch Ducati. Luckily you have a collection and don’t actually have to ride it.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts

·
Smut peddler
834 Posts
alloy clutch plates , replace worn parts, proper stack height, closed cover.
I'm being totally cereal, when I see someone with a dry clutch Duc and a closed cover, I openly show contempt for them. Go buy an sv 650 if you don't like noise, jabroni.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Th guy only joined 6 days ago so I’m trying to give him a little slack. Trying. Under other circumstances I would assume he’s pulling our wearied, but not after 6 days. Wait until he finds out there aren’t any valve springs. His head will probably explode.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts