Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't ride my Multi off road and I'm thinking about replacing the standard tyres with something a little more sporty then standard.
I used to run Michelin Power RS on my last bike (BMW K1300R) and loved how they felt.
I have heard nothing bad about the Michelin PR TS. A little bit of a higher mileage tire but handle well.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Pirelli Angel GT 2 are my favs. Excellent handling and really grippy. I chew thru them after about 4-5k miles, but well worth it for the performance.

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
I’ve run three track days and a few thousand street miles on the Rosso III. I’ve been super happy with their performance.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
The title of this thread is:
What sport tyres work well on a Multi?

Pirelli "Sport Tire" line is the Diablo series.
There's only three models in the Diablo line:
Supercorsa
Rosso Corsa 2
Rosso 3
Any other Pirelli tires as great as they may be for what they are; If it's not a Diablo, it's not a "Sport" tire.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I mix by running a Dunlop Q3 F with a Dunlop SportMax R.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
If you want a real grippy sport tire try the new Michelin Power GP...they're fantastic.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't ride my Multi off road and I'm thinking about replacing the standard tyres with something a little more sporty then standard.
I used to run Michelin Power RS on my last bike (BMW K1300R) and loved how they felt.
Me personally I use the Rosso Corsa II on my 09 R1, and use the regular Rosso III on my 09 1198.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I would suspect that the Multistrada adapts well to any sport tire whether Pirelli, Michelin, Dunlop etc.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I was a big fan of the Michelin PP3 and used up 8-10 sets during the years. Good on the track and great on the road (even in wet conditions!). Then came the Power RS. Better on the track but not as good in the wet (on public roads) as the PP3 was. Now I'm on Dunlop Q3 because I could get a set dirt cheap when I had to change my tires last time. They need some heat in them (more than the Michelin's above) to be stable and stick to the road properly.

·
Registered
Ducati 2001 ST4
24 Posts
I was a big fan of the Michelin PP3 and used up 8-10 sets during the years. Good on the track and great on the road (even in wet conditions!). Then came the Power RS. Better on the track but not as good in the wet (on public roads) as the PP3 was. Now I'm on Dunlop Q3 because I could get a set dirt cheap when I had to change my tires last time. They need some heat in them (more than the Michelin's above) to be stable and stick to the road properly.
I am looking at the Q3+'s for my 2001 ST4. I ride aggresively and like dropping itno the corners. Some highway miles and a track day in the future. Was looking at Corsa II's. I don't think I will go with the Michelin GT 5's. Any feedback is appreciated.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Any modern sport touring tire(including oe Scoripons) has more grip then you'll ever need on the street and they're totally fine on the track too. The Multi will be dragging parts before there's an issue with grip. Buy what's on sale.

·
Registered
Ducati 2001 ST4
24 Posts
Any modern sport touring tire(including oe Scoripons) has more grip then you'll ever need on the street and they're totally fine on the track too. The Multi will be dragging parts before there's an issue with grip. Buy what's on sale.
Thanks for the feedback. They are all within a few dollars of each other. The dunlops are about $10 to $40 less.

·
Registered
2018 Multistrada 1260S
3 Posts
I am on my 2nd set of Michelin Road 5 on my Multi. Very good tyres, wet performance is outstanding. The bike will drag parts before riding the tyre on the edge.(bith peg and brake lever.

OE tyres can be ridden to the edge without draging pegs as far as i remember.

·
Registered
Ducati 2001 ST4
24 Posts
I am now looking at Dunlop Roadsmart 3's This is getting confusing. I need to land the plane and just make a decision. Too much information out there.

I will only put about 1,500 miles a year on the bike.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I am now looking at Dunlop Roadsmart 3's This is getting confusing. I need to land the plane and just make a decision. Too much information out there.

I will only put about 1,500 miles a year on the bike.
BTW, The Roadsmart III is not a sport tire. It's a Touring tire.
Dunlop's Sport tires are SportMax Q3 & Q4

P.S. They label the class "Sport Touring" only because labeling a tire simply "Touring" conjure-up images of geriatric Goldwing riders.

·
Registered
Ducati 2001 ST4
24 Posts
BTW, The Roadsmart III is not a sport tire. It's a Touring tire.
Dunlop's Sport tires are SportMax Q3 & Q4

P.S. They label the class "Sport Touring" only because labeling a tire simply "Touring" conjure-up images of geriatric Goldwing riders.
Thanks for the help. I went with the RS3's because I have a sport tourer and will probably never be on a track. I will be ridinh on the highway, twisty roads and occasionally the mountain roads. For $200 bucks, I see it as an experiment and if it doesnt work then in a year I replace them.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Anyone who is a fan of Michelin PR4/Road 5's should really try the Bridgestone T31 (or the new T32, if you can find it)

I ran PR3 and 4's for years and loved them, but bought a set of T31's for my S1000R and was pleasantly surprised, they were about $100 cheaper for a set than PR4's and I honestly think they're as good or better than PR4.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Anyone who is a fan of Michelin PR4/Road 5's should really try the Bridgestone T31 (or the new T32, if you can find it)

I ran PR3 and 4's for years and loved them, but bought a set of T31's for my S1000R and was pleasantly surprised, they were about $100 cheaper for a set than PR4's and I honestly think they're as good or better than PR4.

I don't know who made the video but only watched the first five mins and I am laughing. The narration is hilarious!

21 - 40 of 41 Posts