Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't ride my Multi off road and I'm thinking about replacing the standard tyres with something a little more sporty then standard.
I used to run Michelin Power RS on my last bike (BMW K1300R) and loved how they felt.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I run the RS. They are fantastic. My boots scrape the asphalt before I run out of sidewall to lean into.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks Oxidefilm, I will definitely try them out on my Multi once I wear out the OEM tyres a little more. I also believe that the Power RS has been replaced by the Power 5.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I have run sport touring tires on every bike I've owned (2007 R1, 2010 VFR1200, 2017 S1000R) and once the OEM fitment Scorpion Trail II's are finished, I will be doing the same with the multi.

I used to be the biggest fan of Pilot Road 3/4s, but I tried Bridgestone T31's on my S1000R and they were great tires and about $100 CAD cheaper per set versus Pilot Road 4. I haven't yet tried Road 5, but they seem to be a good tire as well.

·
Registered
2015 Multistrada 1200S, 2015 Panigale 1299S, 2017 Tuono Factory
78 Posts
Dunlop Q3+ or RS3 are the best!

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
I had a set of Michelin Pilot 5 which i did not like at all. Have replaced them with a set of Dunlop Roadsmart. Nice tire compared to the Michelin.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Have anyone tried the Metzeler Roadtec 01?

I've read some posts on other forums talking great about it. Anyone with 1st had experience on it here?

·
Registered
226 Posts
All of them? Modern tires are simply amazing

Reactions: ducvet

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I replaced the OEM Scorpions with Pirelli Angel GT's. Yeah, they're great for what they are ( sport touring) but if I had to do it again, I'd go with Rosso III at a minimum. I'm already at the edge of the tire and have not pushed them that hard.

·
Registered
2015 Multistrada 1200S, 2015 Panigale 1299S, 2017 Tuono Factory
78 Posts
Have anyone tried the Metzeler Roadtec 01?

I've read some posts on other forums talking great about it. Anyone with 1st had experience on it here?
Not good. Go Dunlop Roadsmart 3. Best.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Here's my rear Power RS after about 4k miles on a '16 multi. I don't commute or tour on it. Spend lots of time on the twisties. You can see there is a little ridge forming where the two compounds meet. Like I said, I scrape my boots and pegs before I get to the edge of the tire.

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
Thread title says "Sport Tires". Power Roads, T31, and Roadtechs are not really sport tires. They are more Touring than sport. Good tires for general use but true "Sport" tires are better for performance with less compromises for comfort, wet weather, or long distance riding.

Without going all the way to DOT race tires, or even street/track tires like the Supercorsa SP or Q4, try a set of Bridgestone S22 or Pirelli Rosso III.

Oh, and really doesn't matter if you have a Multi or whatever. Tires are stupid. They don't have a clue what you're putting them on. :)

Reactions: DarR

·
Registered
61 Posts
I really liked the grip from the Power RS tires. Grip was much better than PR2, PR3, PR4, PR5, Angel GT, or Scorpions But rear tire was down to treads in 3k miles. Front tire I got 8k. 3k out of a rear tire is not long enough for me but traction was exceptional.

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
I really liked the grip from the Power RS tires. Grip was much better than PR2, PR3, PR4, PR5, Angel GT, or Scorpions But rear tire was down to treads in 3k miles. Front tire I got 8k. 3k out of a rear tire is not long enough for me but traction was exceptional.
Yes, sport tires aren't going to last very long compared to a sport touring tire. I'm sure the Power RS is a good tire too though I haven't tried them. I also don't have enough time on the BStone S22 to know how long they will last but I've run several sets of the Pirelli Rosso III which the rear will go 5-6K on my KTM mini-multi. If the S22 will last that long It will be my new go to sport touring tire because it just flat out performs the Rosso III in the mountains. I say sport touring for me because I don't mind changing tires often if they work well.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
@Jdan
A sport tire will never last as long as a Sport Touring tire for two reasons:
1) The softer compound
2) There's just less rubber. They're 1~2 lbs lighter for a reason.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Pirelli Angel GT. Pretty long lasting; I used them on long trips and at trackdays twice. Awesome dual-compound grip. They even ball-up once they're hot (racetrack only). For spirited long rides they are ideal. Nowdays I use Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa TD at the racetrack (have two sets of wheels).
The rear last 2/4 days on the heavy, torquey Multi, the front twice as much, but the grip, while dragging pegs, side stand and certainly toes (toes and pegs only, on the Angel GT on the street) is outstanding and confidence inspiring. Haven't tried anything else in between.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 41 Posts