Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Ducati HyperMotard 1100 Evo SP carbon fiber everything, yoshi pipes, intake, ecu, tune
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do I need to run plugs different than stock? I have almost completed my header back back termi set with velocity stacks and a power commander 5. Now should I run special spark plugs? Or different oil?
What kind of plugs and oil are you guys running with similar set ups.
It’s a 2012 hypermotard evo sp 1100 with 13k miles and all service done.

·
Registered
2011 1100 EVO
64 Posts
I've got the same setup as you on a 1100 evo with 76000km
Have used Motul 7100 10w40 since new, changed every 6000km
Standard spark plugs at every belt change 24000km

·
Registered
2012 Ducati HyperMotard 1100 Evo SP carbon fiber everything, yoshi pipes, intake, ecu, tune
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And you have similar bolt one?

·
Registered
2011 1100 EVO
64 Posts
Not sure what you mean by bolt one

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Exhaust header back termi, power commander five , velocity stacks, and a day of dyno tuning

·
Registered
2011 1100 EVO
64 Posts
I have the full termi with WASP stacks and PCV
Dyno tune done by WASP and I play a little with the PCV

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And you don’t think lightening your set up is a good thing? Don’t get me wrong it’s fun now, but I’m on my third season like this I want more

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How much fun is your hooligan hyper set up

·
Registered
2011 1100 EVO
64 Posts
I'm not into the high speed stuff, twistier the better, being 75kg the bike is plenty light enough.
Spend to much on tyres to worry about making it lighter, anyway it'll still power up a wheelie in third gear

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
And you don’t think lightening your set up is a good thing? Don’t get me wrong it’s fun now, but I’m on my third season like this I want more
Change your flywheel to a lighter one and you will notice a bunch more playfulness. It's worth the time and money.

Dave

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Change your flywheel to a lighter one and you will notice a bunch more playfulness. It's worth the time and money.

Dave
I thought the evo sp comes with a lightened flywheel alreDy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts