Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I replace whats currently on the bike, I just want to make sure what would be the best size for aggressive street riding for my 748L neiman marcus?
What do you guys suggest? The tires that came on the bike are dry rotted and cracked. Thanks!

·
Registered
279 Posts
standard size is 120/60-17 on the front and from memory 180/55-17 on the rear. just stick to that. is the shape/type of tyre that makes the difference really not the size. like a sports touring tyre in 190/50 will be completely different to a hypersport tyre (like a diablo rosso corsa) in the same size. some brands have a different shape too, with some being more 'round/taller' than others.

if you want to do aggressive street riding the pirelli diablo rosso corsas are a great tyre.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I had a 190 rear tire, and because of recommendations found onsite here, I changed to a 180 rear. At first I wasn't too fond of the handling, but it just took some getting used to. The 180 tire makes the bike handle SO much better- it just tips over from side to side and takes a ton less physical effort to lean the bike from side to side. As far as the brand, I decided to go with the Dunlop Q2. I also participate in aggressive street riding (no track days), and so far the Q2 has performed flawlessly. I would buy it again and would recommend it to others.

---Matt---

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'd look for a 120/70 front. They just work better. The added sidewall helps with bump absorption. They also are much more common, so you have a larger variety of tires.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts