Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my 2004 ST4S this January it came with a Corbin seat and a stick seat. The Corbin slides me forward into my crotch, not good for a guy. The stock seat is better for me but it still has some slide forward.

I have 2 other bikes, both have a Sargent seat on them and they are more flat front to back. I was wondering if the Sargent for the ST4S is also flat, or what people prefer.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Stock seat, not stick seat lol. That would not be comfortable.

·
Registered
7,368 Posts
More throttle, less brake, and you won’t slide forward.

Reactions: CaribooBC

·
Registered
355 Posts
I have a Sargent seat and it slopes forward a little. I removed the cover and used a carving knife to remove about 20mm of foam from rear and stuck it to front, now it's pretty level.
I haven't got the standard seat so can't compare. My rear suspension is lifted a bit though which gives the seat a downward angle.

·
Premium Member
5,676 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The back end of my bike is higher which is a common adjustment on these bikes. Sounds like the Sargent is a little sloped too.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My bike does have some aftermarket tank grippers which I do use.

·
Super Moderator
5,429 Posts
I have a stock seat, a Corbin seat, and a Sargent seat. I slide forward on them all. At least the heat from the tank warms them while they're crushed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So which seat is your favorite of the 3? My worst seat ever was on my 99 bmw RT. U shaped ball crusher.

·
Registered
'02 ST4S
1,674 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Wow, no complaints with my Corbin on ST4S. Nor the one on my Sprint ST. For me they prevent and protect those "issues" of your concern.

·
Registered
7,368 Posts
Threads like this about seats make me wonder if the seat companies actually ride test their seats, or do they just worry about fitment and appearance ? I’ve always thought the Corbin seats I’ve bought were a quality product that gave a superior ride to the stocker, but mostly due to superior foam . I believe Corbin used to custom make seats to your specs, maybe they still do.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I had the same problem with sliding forward, especially after I raised the ride height. If you're "good with tools", I'd suggest you give this a try:

https://www.ducati.ms/forums/40-sport-touring/460298-2nd-generation-seat-modifications.html

I did this four years ago on my ST4s, and when I sold it to buy my current ST3s, I kept the seat. Fits me perfectly and is far more comfy than stock 2nd gen or the Corbin my 3s came with.

The leather has held up well and still looks great after ~30k miles. I checked the ebay link where I bought the cover, and it's still actlive. Top quality product and I highly recommend it if you decide to go this route.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That’s pretty cool!

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
If you don't want to do all that work my plain old Sargent looks about the same.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts