Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1198 front rim is bent pretty bad. I don't think it is able to be straightened out so I'm in need of a front rim. Went to the dealer and they want $1,299. I'm now in the market for a used front rim. Was wondering what other bike's front rim will fit the 1198. Obviously the 1098 and 848 will, but was looking for other models which might work. Thanks.

·
Registered
956 Posts
My 1198 front rim is bent pretty bad. I don't think it is able to be straightened out so I'm in need of a front rim. Went to the dealer and they want $1,299. I'm now in the market for a used front rim. Was wondering what other bike's front rim will fit the 1198. Obviously the 1098 and 848 will, but was looking for other models which might work. Thanks.
You can have my rims (they are 1098S with only a few hundred - under 1000 - km's on them and perfect) but I want to sell them both together. PM me if you want...sell them both for the same, $1300US plus shipping.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks but my rear is fine so it doesn't make a lot of sense for me to buy both right now, appreciate the offer tho

·
Registered
956 Posts
OK. So you want to ride around with 2 different rims (per your original post)? That's why I offered...2 great rims that are similar.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK. So you want to ride around with 2 different rims (per your original post)? That's why I offered...2 great rims that are similar.
that's kind of why I asked the original question, the 848, 1098 and 1198 actually has the same part number for the front rim at the dealership, so they are 100% interchangeable, as long as you balance it they perform the same whether it is paired up or not, I'm just hoping to find another bike which might have the same part number for it's front rim

·
Registered
956 Posts
that's kind of why I asked the original question, the 848, 1098 and 1198 actually has the same part number for the front rim at the dealership, so they are 100% interchangeable, as long as you balance it they perform the same whether it is paired up or not, I'm just hoping to find another bike which might have the same part number for it's front rim
Cool. I'm sure there are lots on eBay/kajiji/etc. Or salvage yards...

·
Registered
88 Posts
I had a damage rear wheel and ended up switching out both wheels wish I didn't but my bad luck is your good luck...

I have a brand new front wheel with only about 400 miles not nicks or scratches it's from an 1198 so it's the graphite gray wheel....

Pm me if you interested

·
Registered
463 Posts
You can get a carbon fiber front wheel from Motowheels for 1500, the new 7-spoke. I would go that way no matter what. If you are going to spend over 1K then you might as well go with the best and call it a day. Bite the bullet and never look back.

·
Registered
5,143 Posts
You can get a carbon fiber front wheel from Motowheels for 1500, the new 7-spoke. I would go that way no matter what. If you are going to spend over 1K then you might as well go with the best and call it a day. Bite the bullet and never look back.
That sounds the way to go to me, turn bad times into good and use this as an opportunity for an upgrade. ;)

Sometimes, better aftermarket components are cheaper than the OEM anyway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts