Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '09 696 and am in between major services. I did my 7500 mile service last year and am at 10,550 miles this year, so figured an oil change is due a year later. The major services I do at the dealer. I ordered a K&N filter and am not sure which synthetic oil to use. In my VFR and prior FZ6 I used Rotella T6 synthetic. Anybody using the same in the Monster or should I invest a MC specific synthetic oil? I am not sure if the Monster is less forgiving than the Japanese bikes and also wants specific viscosity. I ride year long in Boston if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I always use Mobile 1 in my cars and bikes. No issues ever and its easy to get and not to expensive.

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
I've used Rotella T Triple (dino) in 15-40 and Rotella T5 (blend) in 10-40 before. I prefer the T Triple. Shifted better from the beginning and for a longer time. I am going to give T6 a try for science. It's cheap and JASO MA rated (if you care) and available just about anywhere. That said, this an oil thread so prepare yourself.

oh yeah, I have a dry clutch so you probably will care about the MA rating.

·
Registered
265 Posts
skip the kn oil filter stick with oe
not worth the money
have seen gauze filters break down and
the filter stops up the oil pump pick up
use t4 racing oil
I change every 2,500

1 - 6 of 6 Posts