Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

141 - 154 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
The rear master is less than 60 bucks at Bevel Heaven. Makes the kit redundant as you might strike some corrosion in the original M/C which would need to be honed or sleeved and the pistons could have some corrosion. The kits with pistons aren't cheap enough to make it worthwhile.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
The rear master is less than 60 bucks at Bevel Heaven. Makes the kit redundant as you might strike some corrosion in the original M/C which would need to be honed or sleeved and the pistons could have some corrosion. The kits with pistons aren't cheap enough to make it worthwhile.
Good find, and I agree.

Can anybody verify if either (or both) of these kits would work for the caliper?

#1 Ebay UK
#2 Bevel Heaven

·
Registered
788 Posts
The F05 caliper is different from the Gold Line caliper on the 91-up SS, so I don't think the item from Bevelheaven will work, but I suggest you contact Steve at Bevelheaven directly. Don't know about the other kit, but try contacting the seller directly. When I tried to get brake rebuild parts for my '92, Steve told me that Brembo refused to sell rebuild parts directly in the U.S. due to liability issues. Their solution is to buy new calipers which I did for my rear brake. It was cheap. I also tried to source parts from the U.K. but was told by a seller that due to insurance concerns it wasn't worth it to them to sell parts in the U.S. Not sure I was helpful.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
The description says, "F05P&S - Brembo F05 [32mm] piston & seal kit for 1 caliper. Also fits P105 & P32 caliper. These pistons are the new teflon coated aluminum pistons"

Is the caliper I have the P32? If not I'm looking for entirely the wrong thing.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
After some fiddling and a few rides, I think bar end or bar mounted mirrors are the way to go.

Does anybody have a source for something to cover the stock mirror mounting location?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Why take off the stock mirrors? I'd leave them there, for simplicity, continuity, originality, and just add the barends.

PhilB

·
Registered
99 Posts
After some fiddling and a few rides, I think bar end or bar mounted mirrors are the way to go.

Does anybody have a source for something to cover the stock mirror mounting location?
This thread is a little off-track...but anyway...

I used these to block off the holes left by the mirrors. I think that it looks much less contrived than a block-off plate. Added bonus: they are cheap.

I'm not sure why I can't find these on the Ca-cycleworks website, but here is a direct link: https://ca-cycleworks.com/products/accessories/fairingscrews

Attachments

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
This thread is a little off-track...but anyway...

I used these to block off the holes left by the mirrors. I think that it looks much less contrived than a block-off plate. Added bonus: they are cheap.

I'm not sure why I can't find these on the Ca-cycleworks website, but here is a direct link: https://ca-cycleworks.com/products/accessories/fairingscrews
I started this thread a ways back in order to look for an alternative to buying a Supersport. There isn't one... so I bought one. Since then it has gotten sidetracked a bit as opposed to starting new threads. I think there was even an argument about the aesthetics of the 999 at one point.

Those fairing screws look nice. It would look less like something is missing.
I would much rather keep the mirrors. They look nice and they fit the bike, but I have to do gymnastics to see anything behind me.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I would much rather keep the mirrors. They look nice and they fit the bike, but I have to do gymnastics to see anything behind me.
I have similar screws in mine. Looks totally like they should be there. They also fasten the fairing to the support which is better that empty holes.

The screws on the CCW sight looked a bit bling but that's hard to tell in the picture. Mine match the plated fairing screws

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I have similar screws in mine. Looks totally like they should be there. They also fasten the fairing to the support which is better that empty holes.

The screws on the CCW sight looked a bit bling but that's hard to tell in the picture. Mine match the plated fairing screws

·
Registered
317 Posts
I still have the origional mirrors on my SS... However, I have these Emgo Bar-End Mirrors on my Triumph, and I like them. The view behind is good, they are "ambidextrous" (the same mirror fits right or left sides) and they are CHEAP.

I suggest you go for cheap mirrors, unless you are more careful that I am. I've broken several, mostly while moving my bike around the garage. Every time I have, I've been thankful I bought the $15 mirrors, and not the $100 ones!

141 - 154 of 154 Posts