Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious how far out in the boonies I can ride and not worry about finding a gas station. The reason I ask is two summers ago I was taking the long way to the CA coast and thought I would find gas in New Cuyama off the 166. The station was just sold and the new owners had not opened the station yet. Lucky for me the locals told me about a general store that had gas 15 miles back off the 33, otherwise I would have been pushing my bike to Santa Maria.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just curious how far out in the boonies I can ride and not worry about finding a gas station. The reason I ask is two summers ago I was taking the long way to the CA coast and thought I would find gas in New Cuyama off the 166. The station was just sold and the new owners had not opened the station yet. Lucky for me the locals told me about a general store that had gas 15 miles back off the 33, otherwise I would have been pushing my bike to Santa Maria.
I've never had less than 115-120 to a tank so far (900 miles) and that's in City traffic mostly.

Today, for instance, I filled up mid ride, and when i got home filled again to be ready for the week. 51 miles, .79 gallons. That however, was mostly wide up road (twisty and highway)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's encouraging!

Now I know of course the right hand has a lot to do with how far you can go on a tank, especially if I carry on like the way I did while on the test ride I took on Friday. I was hoping if you somewhat behave the bike is capable of 35+ mpg. I don't have an 1100S yet, but I am getting very serious about adding one to the stable!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Now I know of course the right hand has a lot to do with how far you can go on a tank, especially if I carry on like the way I did while on the test ride I took on Friday. I was hoping if you somewhat behave the bike is capable of 35+ mpg. I don't have an 1100S yet, but I am getting very serious about adding one to the stable!
I've been calculating my mileage on each fill-up and been getting between 40-50 mpg depending on the riding conditions for the last 1,500 miles on my 1100S. The first couple of tanks were lower, maybe around 35 mpg, but as the bike has broken in, I've improved that to the higher 40s, like 46-48 mpg on average, with a mix of city, highway (80 mph+), and canyon running.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Well after a few tanks I'd say 35 easily. I've gotten around 110 before reserve coming on and I'm not exactly riding slow.. quite the contrary.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts